The Student Room Group

Declaring Specific As UMS Marks...

First off, sorry if this has been covered (Could someone direct me, i couldn't spot it).

I got very high A's at As level(299/300, 297/300, 291/300 284/300) and i keep being told that the strength of these A's should be a really help my application stand out. However how exactly would i include these in my application? When you declare As grades and module grades there appears to be nowhere to declare the actual marks you received. I'm a bit wary of slipping them in my PS because i might come across as arrogant. Will the actual UMS marks be checked by the admissions officers anyway, meaning i should just leave them out? If not, should i bother putting them in my PS anyway? Or have i just been an idiot and not spotted where to put them when declaring grades?

Help is very much appreciated.
Reply 1
Nobody, including Oxford, sees them except Cambridge.
Reply 2
Well I'm not really looking to apply for Oxbridge.

Do you think it's something worth mentioning in my PS then?

I can't think of a natural way of working them in without looking like my heads the size of a zeppelin.

Oh, and thank you!
Reply 3
you can ask your referee to mention them in your reference. :smile:
Reply 4
:ditto: Apart from Cambridge, who sends a separate form to fill in with your UMS, no other university requires you to send in UMS - but you can get it mentioned on your reference. Don't waste precious PS space.
Reply 5
ILoveDrugs
First off, sorry if this has been covered (Could someone direct me, i couldn't spot it).

I got very high A's at As level(299/300, 297/300, 291/300 284/300)

DAMN. You should apply to Oxbridge. That's amazing! Make sure to write in your PS. If I saw that I'd have a hard time not accepting. :eek:
Reply 6
What subjects do you have?

Latest

Trending

Trending