The Student Room Group

The National Citizenship Service (NCS) discussion and help thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by food.lover
Yeah I'm doing it from 13th August too but I'm from Slough so idk what section thingy that comes under. My sister did it 2 years ago and she said she really enjoyed it but she was with most of her friends. Only one of my friends is doing it on the same date as me and the rest are going on earlier dates. 😢 Hopefully, it won't be too bad though.

all of my friends are doing it earlier :lol: so idk whats gonna happen
Original post by Rakkidoesscience
I am going without my friends :frown: I have terrible social skills.

when are you going?
Is anyonw doing it on 3rd august??
So I was told that week 2 was a week based on life skills and would be based in a uni dorm style place but now on the kit list is says that I will need a tent for week 2?

What did you guys do in your week 2?
Going on the 24th june till 12 July!!! Anyone else
Original post by Px-1
Heyy, Im doing NCS this summer.
26 Jul 2017 until 17 Aug 2017
From London
Anyone else?

Me too ^.^ what skills did you pick?
Reply 46
Original post by Pandahmonsterx
Me too ^.^ what skills did you pick?

I picked it so long ago ^.^
I think there was one called Entrepreneurship or something. I'm pretty sure I picked that!
Wbu?
Anyone going 3rd July from Nuneaton!
Original post by Px-1
I picked it so long ago ^.^
I think there was one called Entrepreneurship or something. I'm pretty sure I picked that!
Wbu?

Awh nice! :3 I think I picked art
Reply 49
Awh nice! :3 I think I picked art

Aw, we'll be in the same wave right?
Also, aren't you a bit nervous about NCS?
Original post by Px-1
Aw, we'll be in the same wave right?
Also, aren't you a bit nervous about NCS?

Yeah I'm pretty sure ^.^ and hm yeah I am but I think it'll be a cool experience. I'm going on my own aswell XD
Reply 51
Yeah I'm pretty sure ^.^ and hm yeah I am but I think it'll be a cool experience. I'm going on my own aswell XD

Yeah! It can take our minds off GCSE results day :3
Original post by Px-1
Yeah! It can take our minds off GCSE results day :3

Yeah true! XD except for me it'll be A level results day because I'm in year 12 :P
Can you do NCS if you live abroad/haven't got British nationality?
Is anyone doing it on the 17th of July from London??:smile:
I am going to be an associate mentor this summer and we were all given a discount code to give to as many people as possible to encourage people to join...

Discount code (£15 off) when used at payment stage: 3592741
NHS is well worth doing especially the first week but the 2nd and 3rd weeks where they make you raise as much money as possible from your family and stuff isn't so great. Depends on your group, hopefully you get a friend or someone you know so it will still be good no matter other people in your group. I remember they had this like telephone fundraiser peer pressure task where they put everyone into a room for half an hour and the challenge was to phone up your family and friends to raise as much money as you could which was frankly terrible for everyone!
Had two different experiences with NCS, first time going brilliant had a great time though it seemed unorganised.

I've seen two sides of the story as have retaken AS levels, and this year seems to be in tatters from what I've heard an absolute lack of communication between NCS and other students/their parents.

As I've gone once I had phoned them up to ask if I could do it again, they said I could but by only paying a fee. Of which case they didn't know at that time and said they would get back to me.

Turns out they never got back to me and quite frankly don't listen to individuals like myself and other students.

Nevertheless the first time I went it was really good, I went to Barton Hall in Torquay, tho never felt like NCS really were involved in the whole period we were away and were a bit on the side.

Hope this helps!
If you know anyone who's unsure view my thread on how to get NCS 100% free if you apply now and spread the word!
Reply 59
Original post by erinmobro
Anyone else from Birmingham and going on the 13th July?

Are you going to Stratford upon Avon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending