The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dark and Lovely
LOL i was abt to say screw you both...i'll be getting there at 9.30 then BUT then i realised i'm actually in GDSA....i wld laugh if u guys had to race for the last parking space-are there any in SSA...thought you had to use a city car park.

I'm leaving the house at 8am....should take 1 hr 30 mins max to get to central london without traffic ish!

Yeah you do have to find a car park but that's my brother's job! I believe there is one at the end of Cornwall Road which is really close but KCL also emailed me saying roads were closed or something so be warned if you're moving into SSA!

I have this horrible feeling that i'll end up walking for miles through London with all of my stuff :redface: Hence the need to arrive early to beat out both other SSA residents as well as Saturday London shoppers!

dmcmorrine - Any plans as to where you will park?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
Saturday? :confused:
what's happening on saturday? :eek:
Reply 22
^ were moving in?!
Reply 23
There is no parking AT SSA, just whatever you can scrounge near it.
Reply 24
Zoecb
There is no parking AT SSA, just whatever you can scrounge near it.

Hey Zoecb, you moved in last year right? Do you remember by any chance where you parked?
Reply 25
Im planning on arriving at around noon, then pop to the nearest supermarket (anyone know where this is??) and then spend a bit of time with family. This is realy off topic but for those of you going to SSA, do we have to bring pillows and a duvet??
Reply 26
h2345
Im planning on arriving at around noon, then pop to the nearest supermarket (anyone know where this is??) and then spend a bit of time with family. This is realy off topic but for those of you going to SSA, do we have to bring pillows and a duvet??

Hey fellow SSA resident :biggrin: !

I believe Sainsbury's is pretty close (another may be closer...I just looked for Sainsbury's beacuse I like it!) but you can usually find where stores are located on each supermarket's website if that helps!

As for the duvets and pillows, I think that they are there but bed linen isn't. Then again, I may be wrong as I never really paid any attention to that aspect as I always have planned to take my own... I don't want to risk them being gross!
There's a big Tesco on Old Kent Road...just down the road from SSA so would be ideal by car. I think.
That Tesco isn't just down the road from SSA, by any stretch of the imagination...
Reply 29
dmcmorrine
^ were moving in?!

oh ic! i didnt know since im still living at home lol :shy2:
Welcome to London! :biggrin:
Reply 30
k89g
Hey Zoecb, you moved in last year right? Do you remember by any chance where you parked?

A car park in Cornwall road (opposite SSA and slightly down the road). But I thought someone was saying a car park was shut?
more adventurous
That Tesco isn't just down the road from SSA, by any stretch of the imagination...

Yes it is.
Reply 32
Ibrahim.Salha
There's a big Tesco on Old Kent Road...just down the road from SSA so would be ideal by car. I think.

At least ten minutes. By CAR. IF the traffic's good. Do you have no sense of where anything is???

Nearest food to SSA is the Sainsbury's Express (or whatever they call small branches) opposite Waterloo station.
Nearest reasonable sized supermarket I'd say is the Tesco Metro in Covent Garden, that's where I went all year. Slightly cheaper than the mini-branches and much more choice.
Zoecb
At least ten minutes. By CAR. IF the traffic's good. Do you have no sense of where anything is???

Nearest food to SSA is the Sainsbury's Express (or whatever they call small branches) opposite Waterloo station.
Nearest reasonable sized supermarket I'd say is the Tesco Metro in Covent Garden, that's where I went all year. Slightly cheaper than the mini-branches and much more choice.

It's straight down the road by car and so what, ten minutes...it gives a much bigger choice than Tesco Metro in Covent Garden, which is a similar distance.

No sense where anything is? What the hell?
Reply 34
Well no one HAS a car here, do they? Walking would take like an hour. With stuff? I think not. Much bigger choice but you'd need to take a bus. Extra £2 cost, lame.

Covent Garden Tesco is a (scenic) 20 minutes or so on foot.
It's straight down the road by car and so what, ten minutes...it gives a much bigger choice than Tesco Metro in Covent Garden, which is a similar distance.

No sense where anything is? What the hell?

Lol, Covent Garden is not two miles from SSA....

This IS however a fairly large Sainsbury's on Kingsway, about a mile from SSA. That seems to be the best options, for things you can't get at the local Sainsbury's.
Zoecb
Well no one HAS a car here, do they? Walking would take like an hour. With stuff? I think not. Much bigger choice but you'd need to take a bus. Extra £2 cost, lame.

Covent Garden Tesco is a (scenic) 20 minutes or so on foot.

The person I replied to said they're going to come with their family so I assumed they would have a car. Maybe they will come on foot.
Reply 37
more adventurous
This IS however a fairly large Sainsbury's on Kingsway, about a mile from SSA. That seems to be the best options, for things you can't get at the local Sainsbury's.

Yeah, that's a good one.

Ibrahim.Salha
The person I replied to said they're going to come with their family so I assumed they would have a car. Maybe they will come on foot.
For a one-off that might work. If they're coming from that direction. Trafficky though, might be tedious. Why not just shop at home and bring it with you? Cheaper.
Reply 38
k89g
Yeah you do have to find a car park but that's my brother's job! I believe there is one at the end of Cornwall Road which is really close but KCL also emailed me saying roads were closed or something so be warned if you're moving into SSA!

I have this horrible feeling that i'll end up walking for miles through London with all of my stuff :redface: Hence the need to arrive early to beat out both other SSA residents as well as Saturday London shoppers!

dmcmorrine - Any plans as to where you will park?

^ Nope :P Figured turning up will be part of ther fun :wink:
Reply 39
dmcmorrine
^ Nope :P Figured turning up will be part of ther fun :wink:

As will the one-way streets, numerous buses and thousands of pedestrians i'm sure! Mum's never driven into the center of London before...:p:

Latest