The Student Room Group

Women are "smaller, weaker and less intelligent" so must earn less.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lulucoco98
You just want validation from guys. So sad

This is the most stupid thing I have read in a while.

She is a devout Muslim.

Original post by AishaGirl
I'm glad you brought this up. Chess is a fantastic example of clear cut indisputable evidence that men are better thinkers than women (generally speaking).

Chess is not a physical sport yet it is still divided into male and female championships, why might this be? It's because the women would get absolutely destroyed by the men. The current world number 1 womens grandmaster is Hou Yifan sitting at 2649. There are over 120 males who surpass her elo, with the mens grandmaster Magnus Carlsen (incredible player) sitting at 2838. This elo gap is massive!

Also women can get their grandmaster title at 2300 elo whereas men have to reach 2500 for their grandmaster title.

If men and women were truly equal at an intellectual level, why would chess be separated and different in these ways?

I seriously hate feminism.

Interestingly enough men are actually more likely to be stupid than women. Men tend to have a far greater range of IQs than women; more stupid men, more genius men. Whereas women are more clustered around the middle of the spectrum; less stupid women, less genius women.
I'm glad you brought this up. Chess is a fantastic example of clear cut indisputable evidence that men are better thinkers than women (generally speaking).

Chess is not a physical sport yet it is still divided into male and female championships, why might this be? It's because the women would get absolutely destroyed by the men. The current world number 1 womens grandmaster is Hou Yifan sitting at 2649. There are over 120 males who surpass her elo, with the mens grandmaster Magnus Carlsen (incredible player) sitting at 2838. This elo gap is massive!

Also women can get their grandmaster title at 2300 elo whereas men have to reach 2500 for their grandmaster title.

If men and women were truly equal at an intellectual level, why would chess be separated and different in these ways?

I seriously hate feminism.

I seriously hate the fact you're stupid enough to accept the fact you think you're a second class citezan. I hope you enjoy living your life as an inferior when you do infact have a choice. Women from the past and third world countries could only dream of having your privilege , unbelievable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Colorplause
Two very different cases. Women were never oppressed via violence, we just outsmarted you idiots.

Different cases but the same principle exists - the oppression of one group of society by another.
It's also important to establish the difference between de jure and de facto equality. Laws may have come into place over the years to encourage equality but it doesn't mean they are enforced or that attitudes towards women changed as soon as the law did.
For example integration took many years to come into force and change the hearts and minds of Americans long after segregation was made illegal.
Clearly equality laws for men and women haven't changed your attitude. Also, calling all women idiots says more about you than it does about women.
Especially when he, in another thread, referred to the quran as "your book from the desert".

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4465024&p=70365170&page=235&highlight=#post70365170
As a democratically elected Member of the European Parliament he has the right to have a say on laws that affect the UK.

You just want validation from guys. So sad

Love yourself

Not at all. There are areas where men are seriously lacking compared to women. The point I'm trying to make is men and women are simply not equal in terms of strength and intelligence. I know you'd like to think you are because you're precious little heart cannot take being inferior to your male rivals but this issue may well be rooted in evolution.

Throughout history women have always been housewives and they are in charge of raising the families while the men go out and construct, solve all the mathematical problems of the world so women have never had to think or even been required to think until "recently".

Perhaps in a few centuries or whatever men and women will truly be split even but at the moment men generally speaking are better thinkers than women because they've had thousands of years more practice!

Get over it.
Original post by Sabertooth
Interestingly enough men are actually more likely to be stupid than women. Men tend to have a far greater range of IQs than women; more stupid men, more genius men. Whereas women are more clustered around the middle of the spectrum; less stupid women, less genius women.

I'd agree with that...
Original post by walkonby
Different cases but the same principle exists - the oppression of one group of society by another.
It's also important to establish the difference between de jure and de facto equality. Laws may have come into place over the years to encourage equality but it doesn't mean they are enforced or that attitudes towards women changed as soon as the law did.
For example integration took many years to come into force and change the hearts and minds of Americans long after segregation was made illegal.
Clearly equality laws for men and women haven't changed your attitude. Also, calling all women idiots says more about you than it does about women.

The law provides equality for men and women in the UK/USA.
If you want to be a real feminist, go to Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan and protest for womans rights. I can't stand those who think women are oppressed, everyone gets the equal education so why are only 6% of engineers and 10% of science professors female? I think in the eyes of the law, man and women should be treated the same but you're ignorant if you think women are smarter.
I would rather employ someone who wasn't going to take time off to have children.. maternity or paternity leave.
Not at all. There are areas where men are seriously lacking compared to women. The point I'm trying to make is men and women are simply not equal in terms of strength and intelligence. I know you'd like to think you are because you're precious little heart cannot take being inferior to your male rivals but this issue may well be rooted in evolution.

Throughout history women have always been housewives and they are in charge of raising the families while the men go out and construct, solve all the mathematical problems of the world so women have never had to think or even been required to think until "recently".

Perhaps in a few centuries or whatever men and women will truly be split even but at the moment men generally speaking are better thinkers than women because they've had thousands of years more practice!

Get over it.

Love yourself. You are lacking in self confidence. One day you will love yourself. Remember girls outperform boys in schools and universities, so remember to love yourself as you are lacking in self confidence. I will not argue with someone who is insecure and needs help. Good luck darling

This. It's a fact, don't know why people don't just accept it. Staying in denial won't change it.
Original post by SonOfNineMothers
don't know bout cleverness but are you guys srsly denying that on average men are stronger, musclier and faster than women ? what next, are u gonna ask for proof that men have penises and woman have vaginas ?

When did I deny that? I asked for sources so he could actually support his claim about intelligence.

What next, are u gonna put more words in my mouth?
Love yourself. You are lacking in self confidence. One day you will love yourself. Remember girls outperform boys in schools and universities, so remember to love yourself as you are lacking in self confidence. I will not argue with someone who is insecure and needs help. Good luck darling

I agree , he shows evident insecurities. Fragile masculinity you could say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Colorplause
Idiot, the law provides equality for men and women in the UK/USA.
If you want to be a real feminist, go to Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan and protest for womans rights. I can't stand those who think women are oppressed, everyone gets the equal education so why are only 6% of engineers and 10% of science professors female? I think in the eyes of the law, man and women should be treated the same but you're ignorant if you think women are smarter.

Again, why you calling me an idiot? Hurling insults and making huge generalisations weakens your argument.

I dont "think women are smarter" any more than I think "men are smarter" It's not a black and white issue - 'all men are smarter than all women', 'most men are smarter than all women', 'all women are idiots'. I think it depends on the individual.

I believe in human rights and think they should be protected in any and every country. For men and women. Clearly you hate the idea of equality, I'd guess because you feel threatened by it.
Original post by Willy Pete
This is the most stupid thing I have read in a while.

She is a devout Muslim.

She still wants validation, ur argument is weak as dish water. Dumbo
Especially when he, in another thread, referred to the quran as "your book from the desert".

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4465024&p=70365170&page=235&highlight=#post70365170

I don't think you guys understand that Colorplause is a non-Muslim who is parodying the twisted logic and silly apologetics that Muslims often come out with. His avatar is blatantly exposing some of the hatred in the Quran.
(edited 7 years ago)

Because girls are more likely to pick 'soft' subjects.
Original post by ErinMei
I agree , he shows evident insecurities. Fragile masculinity you could say

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's a girl. That's the worst of it. Sees herself as a second class citizen. Deeply upsetting but I hope she gets the help she needs

>good luck darling
>darling
She's not your "darling".
You literally oppressed her! I'd apologise if I were you...
Or get the hammer, the ban hammer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending