The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations! I've been accepted for law and it has been confirmed on Ucas.com.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
didnt get my grades :frown: missed out by 3 marks on chem, its so harsh! at least they hav given me an offer for aab for dentistry next year, so watch out., i'll b there then!!
Reply 3
colemanballs
Congratulations! I've been accepted for law and it has been confirmed on Ucas.com.

Well done - see you there.
annaholden
didnt get my grades :frown: missed out by 3 marks on chem, its so harsh! at least they hav given me an offer for aab for dentistry next year, so watch out., i'll b there then!!

Oh no! Unlucky. :frown: At least you can go next year.
Reply 4
Not me :frown: I missed out on my medicine offer by 3 marks. I was 3 marks off an A in two of my subjects which is annoying but Ah well. Brighton here I come.
Reply 5
colemanballs

Oh how you'll soon wish you weren't confirmed to do Law... hehe, just kidding.

Well done to everyone who got the grades they needed. Ignore the media hype about A levels getting easier, just be proud if ya got the grades you needed!

Tim.
Reply 6
Yay! I've been accepted for my Bioinformatics course, so I'll see some of you in a months time!

Sorry to all those that didn't get what they wanted :frown: But I'm sure you'll be able to find something you can do through clearing, or even next year, who knows, I'm sure whatever happens will be for the best!

Emma x
Reply 7
me me me!
I'm coming!! (to do Biology)
Reply 8
For those of you who just missed out by a few points - have you considered having a quick remark (they can get it through in time so that you still get in - you cannot be officialy rejected untill the end of the month)?
Reply 9
Chubb
For those of you who just missed out by a few points - have you considered having a quick remark (they can get it through in time so that you still get in - you cannot be officialy rejected untill the end of the month)?

I was off by 3 marks but I don't really mind to be honest. I like my second choice and I don't think I am likely to go up 3 marks. Brighton it is.
Sorry did I join the party late? I haven't been able to get on the internet until now, but I got in :rolleyes: Although I was holding my breath for a while I only just got the requirements but hey I'm in and that's what counts.

I'm coming to do Natural Sciences if anybody's interested :biggrin:
Reply 11
Yay, I have been accepted into birmingham to do chemistry with pharmacology. Can't believe its only a month away until we start uni :smile:
Caz1986
Can't believe its only a month away until we start uni :smile:

I know! I had a bit of a scare with my offer and thought I might not be going after all but when it was confirmed and I was accepted, it started to sink in. Now I've having dreams about not fitting in and being unpopular and aaaaaargh. The annoying thing is that I'm actually really excited and looking forward to it. Oh well!
Reply 13
Emz
Yay! I've been accepted for my Bioinformatics course, so I'll see some of you in a months time!

WOOOO!
Me too..
Confirmed on ucas and all!
Reply 14
Chubb

thanks for that tip! i went into school 2day and sorted that out, thing is tho, it wont b put in til monday at my school, so it only has about a week to get remarked, i doubt it will get thru in time! i rang up tho, and if my grade does get changed after aug then they will let me in without retakes for next yr :smile:
Reply 15
I got in for medicine! :smile:
Reply 16
Got in to do Computer Science :smile: ... cant wait !
Reply 17
HasanB
Got in to do Computer Science :smile: ... cant wait !

I'll see you there then (I'm doing Computer Science too). Are you doing straight Computer Science like me (not with AI, etc) and are you doing BSc?
Reply 18
Chubb
I'll see you there then (I'm doing Computer Science too). Are you doing straight Computer Science like me (not with AI, etc) and are you doing BSc?

no im doing it with business management and yeah its BSc. Im quite excited about it, i dont know much about Birmingham except that it has quite a good reputation. I havent applied for accomodation yet !
Reply 19
HasanB
no im doing it with business management and yeah its BSc. Im quite excited about it, i dont know much about Birmingham except that it has quite a good reputation. I havent applied for accomodation yet !

Well I can tell you that the campus is extremly nice (there is a lot of greenery around) and the computer science building is brand new (and looks it too).

Latest

Trending

Trending