The Student Room Group

Enhanced support dentistry programme

hi guys,
I've just discovered that Kings has an ENHANCED SUPPORT DENTISTRY PROGRAMME. I have never heard anyone talk about this, so what is the difference between this course and a dentistry course? and what is the catch?

Scroll to see replies

You have to have contextual flags
TO QUOTE KCL WEBSITE: "The Enhanced Support Dentistry Programme is an opportunity for talented students from non-selective state schools in Greater London to pursue a career in dentistry."
Its also a lot more competitive than normal dent bds with lower acceptance rate...
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by landishlilly
hi guys,
I've just discovered that Kings has an ENHANCED SUPPORT DENTISTRY PROGRAMME. I have never heard anyone talk about this, so what is the difference between this course and a dentistry course? and what is the catch?

Hi, I got into enhanced support for this year and what Ive been told by other people is that its just lower grade req for people who go to a non-selective state skl in greater london. So ur in the same lectures doing the same exams etc. Also it is a lot harder to get into I might be wrong but I read on a website once that they interviewed 30 people gave 10 offers and only 10 got in, something along the lines of that.
Reply 3
Original post by drdent
Hi, I got into enhanced support for this year and what Ive been told by other people is that its just lower grade req for people who go to a non-selective state skl in greater london. So ur in the same lectures doing the same exams etc. Also it is a lot harder to get into I might be wrong but I read on a website once that they interviewed 30 people gave 10 offers and only 10 got in, something along the lines of that.

oh wow, seems very tough :frown:.
congrats on getting in, and thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by drdent

what did u get in ur ucat ,sjt gcse and grades im thinking of applying i got a score of 2450
Reply 5
Original post by ishahsh
what did u get in ur ucat ,sjt gcse and grades im thinking of applying i got a score of 2450

I got 2800 band 3 for ucat
gcses 99988877664
A-Levels A*AB
Reply 6
oh wow congrats i guess not worth appling to then do u know anyone who got a lower ucat in the esdp or the lowest ucat they accepted there
Reply 7
Original post by ishahsh
oh wow congrats i guess not worth appling to then do u know anyone who got a lower ucat in the esdp or the lowest ucat they accepted there

someone got in w 2300/2400 for esdp this yr
Original post by drdent
someone got in w 2300/2400 for esdp this yr

hello, do you think i have a chance of getting in, i got 2580 Band 2 SJT, my gcses are: 99998888886 and im predicted either A*A*A*A or A*A*AA, and do you also know what this person was predicted and what gcses they got?
Reply 9
Original post by drdent

Damn Congrats on getting in, do you have any tips for the interviews?
Reply 10
Original post by jeevanjot.sidhu
hello, do you think i have a chance of getting in, i got 2580 Band 2 SJT, my gcses are: 99998888886 and im predicted either A*A*A*A or A*A*AA, and do you also know what this person was predicted and what gcses they got?

I’m pretty sure with those stats u can just apply to the regular dentistry course.
Reply 11
Original post by Abir12345
Damn Congrats on getting in, do you have any tips for the interviews?

Prepare as if its the normal one there's no real difference between the two if any. I would personally pre plan qs like the ones you would expect about personality, skills, why dent etc. Read about hot topics etc. Theres a guide by a company called Tutorer that is really useful, you can use the code AYAAN5 for £5 off
Reply 12
Original post by drdent

I'm currently in year 12 and really want to apply for kings ESDP, but I haven't gotten a single 9 or 8 and my grades are mostly 7's for GCSE. Even if I get above 2800 in my UCAT, do you still think it's worth applying?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by drdent

Hi,
Im predicted AAB got 99998888777 in my GCSE's and 2480 and band 2 in my ucat, do i have a chance of getting in ? and does anyone in your cohort have similar scores to me
Reply 14
Original post by drdent
Prepare as if its the normal one there's no real difference between the two if any. I would personally pre plan qs like the ones you would expect about personality, skills, why dent etc. Read about hot topics etc. Theres a guide by a company called Tutorer that is really useful, you can use the code AYAAN5 for £5 off

when do they even get back to you, i am in certain circumstances which i thought would surely make me eligible but i have not heard anything and it is christmas time. this is my last chance to do dentistry so quiet anxious about interviews too if i do get a date. Do you know whether it will be more a friendly conversation about dentistry and reserach or will it be unrelated ethical scenarios or your personal statement Dr dent?
Reply 15
Original post by Hel.revit
when do they even get back to you, i am in certain circumstances which i thought would surely make me eligible but i have not heard anything and it is christmas time. this is my last chance to do dentistry so quiet anxious about interviews too if i do get a date. Do you know whether it will be more a friendly conversation about dentistry and reserach or will it be unrelated ethical scenarios or your personal statement Dr dent?

From what i remember I got my interview mid to late Jan and I had my interview around 16/17 feb. And i got my offer in March or April I dont remember. The interview is very much dentistry related and but I wouldnt liken it to a conversation as you have 4 minutes per question so every 4 minutes theres a reset and theres a new q
Reply 16
Original post by drdent
From what i remember I got my interview mid to late Jan and I had my interview around 16/17 feb. And i got my offer in March or April I dont remember. The interview is very much dentistry related and but I wouldnt liken it to a conversation as you have 4 minutes per question so every 4 minutes theres a reset and theres a new q

Good afternoon Dr dent, i am attempting to purchase tutorer mmi for the 14th but the code AYAAN5 is not working, do you have another? Also may i please know how long your interview with kings was, or whether you would be able to do some practice online with me for my interviews for a fee ofcourse
Original post by drdent

thx ur a life saver
Original post by inji.ahmad
Hi,
Im predicted AAB got 99998888777 in my GCSE's and 2480 and band 2 in my ucat, do i have a chance of getting in ? and does anyone in your cohort have similar scores to me

^^^
has anyone gotten an interview for ESDP ?

Quick Reply

Latest