The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Haven't heard back from Imperial Aeronautics since interview- likely rejection?

Hey so I took the IC Aero/EEE MAT for Aeronautics earlier this month and ive heard/seen people getting invites (approx 8 days ago). For those who got an interview, congratulations and hope it goes well!
Myself and others ive spoke too are a little worried because we came across a post from someone who got aired by imperial until january when they finally rejected him, with no communication since the interview 💀. I wanna know if this is true -- is there anyone who applied last year and got rejected or received anything at all before jan? Or do they tend to send out interview invites in batches?

many thx
Original post by turbocabbage69
Hey so I took the IC Aero/EEE MAT for Aeronautics earlier this month and ive heard/seen people getting invites (approx 8 days ago). For those who got an interview, congratulations and hope it goes well!
Myself and others ive spoke too are a little worried because we came across a post from someone who got aired by imperial until january when they finally rejected him, with no communication since the interview 💀. I wanna know if this is true -- is there anyone who applied last year and got rejected or received anything at all before jan? Or do they tend to send out interview invites in batches?

many thx

They can choose not to contact you, they have until May to respond to you as per UCAS guidance.

Unless they contact you to tell you that you have been rejected, then they are still considering your application and that's how you should see it too.

Don't fret over the things you can't control.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
From what I know if imperial rejected you pre interview, wouldn’t your ucas application status have updated to say you’ve been rejected?
Original post by -M-M-K-
From what I know if imperial rejected you pre interview, wouldn’t your ucas application status have updated to say you’ve been rejected?

Yes it will, you are right. One of my friends was rejected for Physics from Imperial and Oxford on the same day and he got an email from Oxford to say that he got rejected whereas the one from Imperial was just a straight up rejection on the UCAS form.
Reply 4
Original post by turbocabbage69

many thx
What was the interview like?
Did you get an update on your app?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending