The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chubb
Well I can tell you that the campus is extremly nice (there is a lot of greenery around) and the computer science building is brand new (and looks it too).

They've rebuilt the Comp Sci building? When did that happen??
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 21
im doing german and european studies...see u in brum
Reply 22
kokopops
im doing german and european studies...see u in brum

Well done getting a place then :smile:. Still not happy about not getting into Law with German?
Reply 23
Nylex
They've rebuilt the Comp Sci building? When did that happen??

It was about 1 or 2 years ago (brand new in terms of construction really) so it would have been there just as you moved in, hence you not noticing.
Reply 24
Chubb
It was about 1 or 2 years ago (brand new in terms of construction really) so it would have been there just as you moved in, hence you not noticing.

Oh ok. Very nice building definetly.
Reply 25
You know if you walk from the clock tower to the train station? You go under University Centre, cross the road and go up a road. It's up there - the two buildings on each side of you made of brick and quite a lot of glass.
Reply 26
Nylex
Well done getting a place then :smile:. Still not happy about not getting into Law with German?

kinda gutted...my courseworks let me down...if my english teacher hadnt refused 2 help me i think i maybe would have got an A in english...but oh well...everything happens 4 a reason rite....?
Reply 27
kokopops
kinda gutted...my courseworks let me down...if my english teacher hadnt refused 2 help me i think i maybe would have got an A in english...but oh well...everything happens 4 a reason rite....?

Did you get in though?
Reply 28
Chubb
Did you get in though?

not to the course i wanted but im in university of birmingham doing a german with european studies course instead
Reply 29
kokopops
not to the course i wanted but im in university of birmingham doing a german with european studies course instead

Ah. What course did you want to do?
Reply 30
Chubb
Ah. What course did you want to do?

law with german...o well
Reply 31
guys i need help ... ive been offered places at both Durham and Birmingham, i really like birmingham but im also aware of Durhams apparent reputation. However the place they offered is at their queens campus which is in Stockton. Personally id rather be in Birmingham ... a vibrant city! Also the course im going to do at Birmingham is Computer Science with Business Management ... I want to go into a more Finance/Business course at postgrad level ... does anyone know if the course im going to do at birmingham is any good?
I'd take Birmingham over Durham, especially if it's the Stockton campus.
Reply 33
HasanB
does anyone know if the course im going to do at birmingham is any good?

What do you mean by "any good"? I think CS at Bham has a decent reputation to be honest (I applied and got an offer myself, changed my mind about the course though) and the facilities are pretty good. I can't find a module list for BSc Comp Sci with Business Management, but there is one for BSc Comp Sci/Software Engineering with Business Studies if you want to look at that: http://awb356.bham.ac.uk:8889/webhandbooks/WebHandbooks-control-servlet?Action=getProgramList&pgDeptId=016&pgDdesc=School%20of%20Computer%20Science&pgSchoolId=016&pgSdesc=School%20of%20Computer%20Science
Reply 34
HasanB
guys i need help ... ive been offered places at both Durham and Birmingham, i really like birmingham but im also aware of Durhams apparent reputation. However the place they offered is at their queens campus which is in Stockton. Personally id rather be in Birmingham ... a vibrant city! Also the course im going to do at Birmingham is Computer Science with Business Management ... I want to go into a more Finance/Business course at postgrad level ... does anyone know if the course im going to do at birmingham is any good?

If it's Stockton then take Birmingham.
Reply 35
i got in 4 biochemistry!! yay
If it's a choice between Birmingham and the Durham Stockton campus then I'd definitely choose B'ham (and I'm not biased...I'm going to Edinburgh), because from what I've heard, the Queen's campus does not have the high reputation of the main Durham campus.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 37
Youre right ... i had the same feelings about the stockton campus, but i was told that it doesnt matter cos the degree is the same. I will say though that im inclined towards Birmingham too ... its just that i want to do a postgrad course in either economics or business or along the same lines, im just not sure if Computer Science with Business management is the right course. I mean i can take economics modules in the optional modules that you get. Does anyone know if i can get onto a business/economics postrad degree course by doing BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Business.
Looks like i'm comin Birmingham too...... to do Economics! :cool:
so is there anyone going to do politics and international studies?

Latest