The Student Room Group

John Lewis Partner Discount

Scroll to see replies

Original post by george.p16
Can my mum use my discount card or does she need to use the additional discount card?

She needs to use the additional card holder in her name as your discount card has your name and signature and they're going to check the card u pay with which needs the same sig and name as the discount card
Original post by Conorsky
Hi Guys
I'm ex-partner which worked for John Lewis Partnership over 5 years. I just wont to correct few things in posts above from guys.
Partner Discount Card can by only use by Partner and second person from family. After 3 months probation time Partner is receiving Green Partner Discount Card with employer number and name and surname of card holder. For non-electrical items is 25% discount, for all electrical items 12% discount and 15% in Waitrose.

Discount cannot be used with any different offers like price match, summer or winter sale and also purchase alkohol and tobacco. If you want to use discount you have to pay by debit card or Partnership Credit Card different way discount cannot by applied.

You only allowed nominated one person from your family (boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband etc) for additional card. Card holder and member of family is only allowed do purchase for somebody if it is gift different way if will be caught is more than likely Partner will lose the card and job. This also applies to additional card holder (family member).

John Lewis often is monitoring how discount cards been used and for which purchase of goods ( you not allowed buy two w/machine ) because past time people bought discounted goods and re-sale with profit. That's why if discount card is used for purchases goods online can by only delivered to card holder address or personally you have to turn up to pick up point with id and card which been use to pay for goods. This is hard rule in John Lewis whether you are Customer or Partner shopping online due prevent criminal activity such as fraud.

You can 100% use discount card on price match!
Original post by RoseRouge
She needs to use the additional card holder in her name as your discount card has your name and signature and they're going to check the card u pay with which needs the same sig and name as the discount card

ok thanks! do you know how to add partner discount to john lewis online?
Original post by george.p16
ok thanks! do you know how to add partner discount to john lewis online?

Yep just register with your email that is linked to your partnerlink and it'll automatically come up :smile:
Thank you!
Original post by RoseRouge
Yep just register with your email that is linked to your partnerlink and it'll automatically come up :smile:
I work for waitrose and tried to do shopping online at JL, used same email but it doesn't work.
hey do you know if you can use it online?.. and if so, how?
Reply 27
Original post by Anny1993
I work for waitrose and tried to do shopping online at JL, used same email but it doesn't work.

I’ve had this same problem do you know how to fix it?
Reply 28
Original post by Roo.A
I’ve had this same problem do you know how to fix it?

Just noticed this thread and that no one had replied, I'd guess that you've asked your manager by now! But given its its before Christmas I thought I'd mention it for the record anyway. You can add it to John Lewis online now by creating an account, going to my details, and then pressing 'My Details' at the top of that page. It doesn't look like a link but it is!
How do you get your card does it come in the post or?
Original post by extermin8or_
How do you get your card does it come in the post or?

It will be delivered to your branch - but will be withheld from you until you have:
a) earned your membership (i.e. had a successful 90 day review), and;
b) completed the online discount training on what will now be (undoubtedly) your favorite website.
Hi does anyone know how to order online with a partner discount card
Original post by JENNIFERSPENCE
Hi does anyone know how to order online with a partner discount card

You can add it to John Lewis online now by creating an account, going to my details, and then pressing 'My Details' at the top of that page. It doesn't look like a link but it is!
My partnercard arrived at my house today, and I'm confused because others have been saying that it would be delivered to the branch...

The thing is, I'm a Christmas Temp and my contract expires literally tomorrow (4th Jan). I haven't applied to stay on, as none of the rotas available suited me. I haven't had a 90 day review (or even a 30 or 60 day one!!!) and I haven't done the online training.

I'm just wondering whether I'll be able to use the discount online today/tomorrow, or even in-store tomorrow after I finish work :curious:

It's worth a shot though... right?
No you have to live at the same address as the partner
There is no discount on the purchase of John Lewis/Waitrose gift vouchers
Original post by AdamB09
Just noticed this thread and that no one had replied, I'd guess that you've asked your manager by now! But given its its before Christmas I thought I'd mention it for the record anyway. You can add it to John Lewis online now by creating an account, going to my details, and then pressing 'My Details' at the top of that page. It doesn't look like a link but it is!

hey are you able to get partner discount on waitrose online and if so how
Original post by AliceAA
hey are you able to get partner discount on waitrose online and if so how

Enter the discount card number as a coupon code
Original post by inventor02
Enter the discount card number as a coupon code

Wait really? Cheers - i thought there’d be a way of doing it onto your account like with John Lewis
Yes you can by a gift card but without discount of course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending