The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Apollo
What a mess this is. Tonga's rep has already made an excellent point. We give economic aid to the PA regularly aid. We are doing all we can to get both parties back the table, and we think it's about time for a Palestinian state. On the other side however, the Palestinians will need to accept what's being offered, so long as it's fair.

That said however, we will veto this unless the obvious Anti-Israeli rhetoric is completely removed. If the UAE wants to see actual progress made, they should focus on creating balenced and fair resolutions, instead of just fanning the flames of violence.

Resolution edited.(as planned earlier)

You are no where to be mentioned; still, that doesn't solve the problem, does it? Have you read any of the 71 resolutions Israel has broken? Surely this is something to be considered.

Palestine deserves to be treated, if not better, atleast as a nation and the individuals as humans.
Reply 21
Nefarious
Tonga would like to point out that the biggest providers of Aid to the palestinian people are (IIRC) Germany, The USA and Israel, two of them the nations targeted to by this resolution .

[OOC]Resolution edited. The resolution was to be changed earlier, but I was waiting for a SC nation to reply first.[/OOC]

And Israel? Proof please? Even if they DID give the Palestinians aid, does it mean that their actions can be ignored so easily?
Reply 22
A Y Z
The clause has not been removed. It has been put there for a reason. We will wait for the US, Iran etc. particularly the SC nations to reply, before any editing can be done.

In which case Poland urges that the clause should be removed. Greater condemnation would be neither meaningful nor constructive.
Reply 23
Could you now take out "and hopefully take stronger action into Israel breaching the U.N resolutions and the Laws of Human Rights."?

:smile:

The rhetoric is much improved.
Reply 24
ukebert
Could you now take out "and hopefully take stronger action into Israel breaching the U.N resolutions and the Laws of Human Rights."?

:smile:

The rhetoric is much improved.

Why?

It says hopefully take stronger action; its doesn't imply that stronger action needs to be taken at once etc.

If you want, I can remove the 'stronger'.

However, I don't see any need for any further editing. Israel has broken 71 resolutions. 71! Surely some action has to be taken.
Reply 25
Catsmeat
In which case Poland urges that the clause should be removed. Greater condemnation would be neither meaningful nor constructive.

The clause was removed yesterday, as soon as the rep for the US commented.
Reply 26
A Y Z
The clause was removed yesterday, as soon as the rep for the US commented.

In this case Poland is happy to support the Resolution in its new format.
Reply 27
Well I guess this is sorted out then.

Should I wait for a reply from Israel or do I put up the poll?
A Y Z
Well I guess this is sorted out then.

Should I wait for a reply from Israel or do I put up the poll?

I'd put up the poll unless you wanted to wait a few months for gems' next holiday :wink:
Reply 29
Oh! I didn't know that.

Poll up.
Aye, you have my vote.
Reply 31
Brazil Supports This Idea
Tanzania fully supports this resolution.
Public poll? :p:
Reply 34
Yes. Since Israel isn't here!
Reply 35
Well written. Full support :smile:
Denmark supports the resulotion, noting the plight of the Palestinian people and the humanitarian crisis in Gaza and the West Bank.
Reply 37
Ready to be moved to the SC?
Reply 38
I think so :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending