The Student Room Group

What courses?

Okay, so I went to look at a college today (Orpington College in Bromley, Kent if anyone else here goes there/is going there :smile:) and I really liked five of the A-Level courses they are offering.

But I'm now really stuck as to which ones I want to do (I have to send off my app. soon, because it's going to be more difficult for me than most to get in, for a few reasons that is a bit tiresome for me to explain).

At any rate, if you were me, which would you choose?

Two from the following three:

English Literature
History
Govmt and Politics

And one from the following two:

Film Studies
Art

:frown: I'm so confusedddd.
You can only do 3?? Well, if I was you I'd do the first 3, as they're the best 3 by far. But if you're adamant about doing Art or Film Studies, definately do Art. Not particularly respected but a lot more so than Film Studies, which is seen as the lowest of the low respectability-wise. And then from the first 3, don't do Govmt & Politics...the other 2 are better.
Reply 2
Ultimately its up to you, cause you have to be confident that you can keep up with the work and achieve the grades you need, but in my opinion, in order from best to worst its;

English Lit
History
Gov & Politics
Art
Film Studies

As has already been said, film studies really isn't that well respected, but if you think you can do really well in it, go for it. Maybe don't do both art and film though...
Reply 3
As has already been said, it's up to you.

For me, personally though, I'd have chosen English, Government and Politics, and Film Studies. :p:

Do you have a career plan in mind?
I would swap English and History but apart from that, _bonnie is spot on.
Reply 5
K...I don't see why people have put them in range of respectability...but oh well.
depends on what you want to study at uni!?!?!?
arisk01
depends on what you want to study at uni!?!?!?

I agree. :smile: You need to choose your favourite subjects; otherwise your heart just won't be in it. Remember: interest is the key! :smile:

In terms of respectability, English Lit, History and Gov & Politics are the best! Incidentally they're the subjects I'm doing next year, too! :p:

Latest