The Student Room Group

How quickly do foundation courses go in Clearing?

I understand places do fill up as it is first come, first served but I need time to process my options carefully rather than scramble for a place.

I am looking for foundation courses in lower ranked universities.
How 'competitive' are these places?
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
I understand places do fill up as it is first come, first served but I need time to process my options carefully rather than scramble for a place.

Depends on subject and Uni - it varies
Unsure how many spots they will have

Honestly nobody knows :colondollar:
Hi. It's a careful balance - places are filling up, but Clearing continues for a little while so if you're flexible about course/university then you should be fine. What and where to study for the next 3-4 years is a big decision, and you want to make the right one!

If Winchester is an option, we have a range of Foundation courses available (https://winchester.ac.uk/find-your-course/?profile=courses&query=&f.Course+Type%7CcourseType=foundation+year#fb-search-form) - call our friendly team on 01962 827234 to chat through options and hear about our accommodation guarantee :smile:

Hi there, it sounds like you have a good plan going forward when applying to different universities.

As stated in the other couple of replies, it does depend on the field of study you want to get into. What sort of courses are you looking at?

I would always suggest taking a breath, however, and consider your options, you shouldn't have to feel rushed throughout this process as it's a big decision! Something to keep in mind when researching different university courses is what is most important to you. There are the basic questions like: Does this university offer the course I’m interested in? What GCSEs do I need to get onto this course? How many A-levels (or other level 3 courses) do I need, and what subjects should I study in order to enrol?

However, you should also be thinking about how far the university is from your home, whether you need accommodation in your first year, what the campus/city is like, does the university represent your interests and values. Think about your personal priorities and weigh up your options, you'll find the right fit.

You may already be considering these things but I thought I would highlight it here for you as well.

I hope you find the right course for you but please don't rush!

Best wishes,

Maddy
WrexhamUniReps

As others have said, it's really an unknown and depends between courses and universities.

Just remember you can hold multiple offers from universities in clearing and then you can add your preferred one to UCAS.

What area are you looking for a FY in? :smile:
Original post by CCCUOfficial
As others have said, it's really an unknown and depends between courses and universities.

Just remember you can hold multiple offers from universities in clearing and then you can add your preferred one to UCAS.

What area are you looking for a FY in? :smile:

Any STEM course that builds a practical skill.

I just need time to look over the modules of various STEM courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending