The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Buckingham University ?

Scroll to see replies

A degree in 2 years can't be good. Why the rush anyway? You will learn more and find it easier in three years (and when I say easier I mean it'll just be less harder).
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Eubacterium
A degree in 2 years can't be good. Why the rush anyway? You will learn more and find it easier in three years (and when I say easier I mean it'll just be less harder).

At least it saves one year of your life and you can go and do a masters in another uni instead of being in your 3rd year
The Orientalist
That's what he told me, but I guess he meant a disctinction which is of equivalent standard to a 1st.

Depends on the uni, at mine it's above a first.

Edit: Yey quick reply is back! :biggrin:
Chrisateen
At least it saves one year of your life and you can go and do a masters in another uni instead of being in your 3rd year

It's only a year and seriously at a decent uni you'll be happy to have an extra year to get the work done.
Eubacterium
A degree in 2 years can't be good. Why the rush anyway?

Because international students economise a lot of money.
Ok, decided to look at some information on Buckingham and was surprised to find that only about 12000 people live there! How many pubs do they have?

Chrisateen, i too have been thinking about applying to Buckingham to do Law next year! But my top choice at the moment is Edinburgh and thats with a ABB so its unlikely i'll get in! I didnt realise people predicted AAA would be applying to Buckingham...that makes me a little nervous!
craig_welsh
Ok, decided to look at some information on Buckingham and was surprised to find that only about 12000 people live there! How many pubs do they have?

Chrisateen, i too have been thinking about applying to Buckingham to do Law next year! But my top choice at the moment is Edinburgh and thats with a ABB so its unlikely i'll get in! I didnt realise people predicted AAA would be applying to Buckingham...that makes me a little nervous!

Shouldn't do as I think the grade requirements for Law is BBB. As long as you are predicted those grades and you are able to pay £8,000 a year for 2 years I don't see why they would say no as like I said before there funding comes from the students and the more the better
Thanks, money isnt an issue at all. There just seems to be a bit of ambiguity to it all. I've heard there are lot of people go there instead of uxbridge just wasnt sure why. £8,000- isnt that just for the tuition fees?
Reply 28
Eubacterium

Most unis run from late September - early June, which let's say is about 38 weeks. Knock 2 weeks off for Christmas, 2 for Easter and you're down to 34/52. Maybe less with reading weeks etc.

34*3 years = 102 weeks.

At Buckingham it's probably more like 4..5? 46? weeks per year maybe even more. So you're at like 90 weeks over two years. It's not that condensed, but uni holidays are usually just pretty long :smile:

I'll be doing a 43 week course I think...
craig_welsh
Thanks, money isnt an issue at all. There just seems to be a bit of ambiguity to it all. I've heard there are lot of people go there instead of uxbridge just wasnt sure why. £8,000- isnt that just for the tuition fees?

Yeah it is whihc is why if I don't get a scholaship I would be unable to go as it is too expensive
Sorry i didnt read your earlier comments, how do you go about applying for a scholarship?
craig_welsh
Sorry i didnt read your earlier comments, how do you go about applying for a scholarship?

Its only for Law and Econmics, Law economics and politics and one or two other ones. See: http://www.buckingham.ac.uk/study/fees/scholarship/coase.html for more details

You would also have to submit an essay on voting and selling your votes
Anyone applied and been offered a place yet?
Reply 33
craig_welsh
Anyone applied and been offered a place yet?

Yes; read the thread
How informative of you, could have just mentioned the username and saved us both some time.
Reply 35
craig_welsh
How informative of you, could have just mentioned the username and saved us both some time.

Or you could've read the thread in the first place, and saved even more time! :rolleyes:
Too long! Juno, do you currently go there?
Reply 37
Lol. No! I just applied and got an offer the day after, before I'd even completed half of the application.
cool, what are you going to study?
They must be desperate for students to come if they give you an offer the next day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending