University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Buckingham University ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Chrisateen
They must be desperate for students to come if they give you an offer the next day.

Nah, I'm just rather great :smile:
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Hello Everyone,

Some great discussions about the University for Buckingham. I am pleased to say that I joined the university as a student on the LLB programme in October 2007, I have been there for a few months now and I love the place. It is a great university, it well respected and they have many students...

The teaching standard is so much better than some universities such as TVU and a few others....

Craig, you should visit the university and come and attend an open day where you can then meet with the admission tutor and to be honest as long as you show a desire and willingness to study and are serious about studying then you should get admission. yes, A level results will be taken into consideration but so will other factors such as your enthusiasm and passion.

There are loads of Pubs and restaurants in Buckingham,. Although it does seem like a quiet town, it is lovely, seems like the right place and environment for those who really wish to study and do well in their degree...

I don’t just say this because I am at the university but saying this because I once thought whether Buckingham university really was the place for me I was unsure too but now I’m pleased with my decision..

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or would like to know more then feel free to send me a message.
:smile: :smile:
I am currently in the process in sending in an application to Buckingham University, how hard is it to get into the English program? And will they accept me if I have not taken my SAT's, I signed up for them but they will be in January and in May?
Charlie Brown 08
I am currently in the process in sending in an application to Buckingham University, how hard is it to get into the English program? And will they accept me if I have not taken my SAT's, I signed up for them but they will be in January and in May?

I don't think it should be hard to get in in genreal as they don't have a lot of students applying and usually about everyone who applies get a place and is lots more less competitve than state universities
Reply 44
I'm a student at the University of Buckingham, studying Law, I can say that it is becoming more well known in the UK, we have three intakes each year and they are always bigger than the last.

The main reason that I say it is becoming more well known in the UK is because we have more and more home students applying to the University, whereas before, the majority was international students.
The teaching standards in lectures are good but its the tutorials which are fantastic.

The nightlife is... not very good tbh. Its not because of the lack of students though, that has nothing to do with it, its because theres not much to do in Buckingham! For clubbing etc, most students go to Milton Keynes or Oxford which aren't too far away. However, the student union often throws parties on Fridays and they're reasonable enough- its what you make of it while you're there. Theres always the pubs in town though, if you just want a quick drink...

A lot of the students at the Uni have straight A's or the equivalent even though the requirements range from BBB-CCC depending on the subject you're applying for. The cost of the Uni IS expensive but worth it I think, in the long run. I know students who came to the Uni from abroad straight after their A-levels (so they were still 17) and one is finishing this year in June and is not even 19 yet (not till July).
To pay for the costs, I've taken out the normal student loan and the rest of the costs my parents are helping me pay. I think if you can afford it, it would be a good investment.

Its a small University so everyone knows everything about everyone (especially if you live on campus!), but because its so small, you're likely to meet nearly everyone at the Uni eventually. Its also really nice to meet so many people from different countries etc.

Does anyone have any questions? I'd be happy to answer anything :smile:
Yes! I will have just turned 23 if and when i start Law. I'm still undecided as to whether i'll accept my offer but i'm keeping my options open for now!
Reply 46
SarahLou1306
Hello!

I have just accepted my offer to study Psychology in September 2008. I am very excited and also very very nervous at the same time...

I will be 22 yrs old when I join the university and although the Head of department has assured me I wont be the oldest on the course I cant help but worry that I'll find it hard to settle in.
I live locally so I will commute to classes everyday, Also very nervous as I will be giving up full time work to return to education.

Has anyone else or is anyone else in a similar situation? :-s

Hey!

Don't worry, compared to some of the students, you'll be thought of as a baby :smile: Theres so many different ages!
hey does anyone know what the psychology course is like? people have mentioned other subjects but i am interested to know how good lecturers are for the course and how good it is as a degree? i am applying to universities through clearing and i am unsure about where to go, but i know i would like to study psych. if you have any advice i would really appreciate that too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending