The Student Room Group

Can you apply for a 6th form on gcse results day ?

Can you apply for a 6th form on gcse results day ?
Reply 1
You normally enrol on results day, you apply for a specific college much earlier.
Reply 2
I had already a confirmed place in a 6th form but once I had received my GCSE results I actually didn't get the grades needed to stay on at that school / 6th form so that day I went home and started ringing up different schools in my town (we have 5 secondary schools here) and luckily one of them took me on.

If you were to get in contact with which ever 6th form you want to go to before the end of this week with your predicted grades and why you want to go there and what you want to study, I, personally don't see a reason why they wouldn't take you on and once you have your gcse results then you can go from there.

In answer to your post you would have started applying to 6th forms back in December time (well so we did in my town) but people forget that there are those who like me didn't get he results they needed to go to the 6th form they wanted so it's literally a case of ringing around different schools or the one you want to go to and explain that you have decided to go to 6th form and everything I mentioned above.

Hope you manage to get into a 6th form :smile:
You might have to look round a bit to find one with space but yeah you should be okay :smile: there'll be lots of people who've changed their mind, haven't got the right results etc so having to change so you won't be the only one. It might be worth calling them early next week if you know you want to go there before the masses start but yeah, good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Conorr98
I had already a confirmed place in a 6th form but once I had received my GCSE results I actually didn't get the grades needed to stay on at that school / 6th form so that day I went home and started ringing up different schools in my town (we have 5 secondary schools here) and luckily one of them took me on.

If you were to get in contact with which ever 6th form you want to go to before the end of this week with your predicted grades and why you want to go there and what you want to study, I, personally don't see a reason why they wouldn't take you on and once you have your gcse results then you can go from there.

In answer to your post you would have started applying to 6th forms back in December time (well so we did in my town) but people forget that there are those who like me didn't get he results they needed to go to the 6th form they wanted so it's literally a case of ringing around different schools or the one you want to go to and explain that you have decided to go to 6th form and everything I mentioned above.

Hope you manage to get into a 6th form :smile:

do you have to call them or can you just email them?

Quick Reply

Latest