The Student Room Group

ADHD- oxford application

This year, I am undergoing an ADHD diagnosis, which was only flagged to me after joining 6th form. I believe this has affected my GCSE grades significantly, as I was achieving 9 grades with a couple of 8's throughout my mid-term exams. However, I found it incredibly hard to maintain focus during external exam conditions, frequently losing focus and zoning out.

I managed to attain 3 grade 9's, 3 grade 8's, 4 grade 7's, and a grade 6, which I don't feel accurately represent my academic capability. Due to new access arrangements made for myself and hopefully starting medication soon, I am applying myself much better to my studies and am predicted A*A*A after my mock examinations.

I am wondering if such circumstances would be taken into consideration during my application, as I don't want my GCSE grades to put me at a disadvantage when applying. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Extenuating circumstances can be mentioned on your UCAS application, so it can be taken consideration if you ask for it to be
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
This year, I am undergoing an ADHD diagnosis, which was only flagged to me after joining 6th form. I believe this has affected my GCSE grades significantly, as I was achieving 9 grades with a couple of 8's throughout my mid-term exams. However, I found it incredibly hard to maintain focus during external exam conditions, frequently losing focus and zoning out.

I managed to attain 3 grade 9's, 3 grade 8's, 4 grade 7's, and a grade 6, which I don't feel accurately represent my academic capability. Due to new access arrangements made for myself and hopefully starting medication soon, I am applying myself much better to my studies and am predicted A*A*A after my mock examinations.

I am wondering if such circumstances would be taken into consideration during my application, as I don't want my GCSE grades to put me at a disadvantage when applying. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

It might depend on the programme, but I do feel that this may not disadvantage you, but rather support your application as you have shown growth. And just apply! You do not know until you try, and your A-Level Results, hopefully paired with a promising personal statement will get you far into the application process if not an offer.

Good luck,
😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending