The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Have i been rejected?

I applied for a bachelors course in Computer Science for entry in 2017. Part of the entry requirements involved that i complete an IELTS examination and send a document of my IGCSE Math certificate. I've met the grade requirements but haven't received any response on the status of my application. With that in my mind, have i been denied entrance into the university since i did complete the other requirements that were stated.

On top of that, I'll be completing my IELTS exams in October of this year and will be taking a gap year due to financial inconveniences. I gave a detailed report to the admissions team on the state of my situation but haven't received a response. It's virtually impossible for me to enter university this September due to these constraints, and would likely enter next year. Would i have to repeat the application procedure even though i'd be applying to the same university or can i reuse my previous information (e.g. Personal Statement).
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
I applied for a bachelors course in Computer Science for entry in 2017. Part of the entry requirements involved that i complete an IELTS examination and send a document of my IGCSE Math certificate. I've met the grade requirements but haven't received any response on the status of my application. With that in my mind, have i been denied entrance into the university since i did complete the other requirements that were stated.

On top of that, I'll be completing my IELTS exams in October of this year and will be taking a gap year due to financial inconveniences. I gave a detailed report to the admissions team on the state of my situation but haven't received a response. It's virtually impossible for me to enter university this September due to these constraints, and would likely enter next year. Would i have to repeat the application procedure even though i'd be applying to the same university or can i reuse my previous information (e.g. Personal Statement).

You should really talk on the phone to the BCU admissions or international team . You can ask for deferred entry. You need to tell them you cant start this year. Do this asap.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by 999tigger
You should really talk on the phone to the BCU admissions or international team . You can ask for deferred entry. You need to tell them you cant start this year. Do this asap.

All they told me was not to panic.
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
All they told me was not to panic.

Then I wouldnt. They want your money. Be plenty of other courses next year in the unlikely event they wont defer. youll be fine.
Did they say anything else? I presume don't panic means they are processing it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending