The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Rejected from Imperial Computing/JMC?

I applied to both courses on the 15th of October, and did the online test on the 23rd of October. Since then, I have yet to receive an interview invite.

I'm doing the international option of the French Bac (still a home student though), and my school sends like 10 people to Imperial every year. My predicted grades are literally perfect (predicted 20/20 in maths, predicted 20/20 in physics, predicted 20/20 in science, achieved 20/20 in Programming) for scientific subjects, and overall I'm predicted 18/20,; I'm way above the requirements on the website.

My personal statement was good enough for me to get interviewed and then pooled by King's College Cambridge for CS (though I ended up getting rejected). I have read my reference, and I think it's really really good.

Regarding the online test, I estimate I got anywhere from 7/10 to 9/10.

Yet, like I said previously, I haven't received an interview invitation. It's been so long since I applied that I can only assume I have been rejected, and frankly I don't really know why. This is pure copium, but is it possible my application got lost somewhere at the admissions office, because I take the French bac but am still a home student, maybe? Should I email them? I know I'm not owed a place, and computing is competitive enough for many qualified applicants to be rejected, but my application could literally not have been better, with the exception of getting like 2 extra points on the online test. Please help.
Original post by Anonymous
I applied to both courses on the 15th of October, and did the online test on the 23rd of October. Since then, I have yet to receive an interview invite.

I'm doing the international option of the French Bac (still a home student though), and my school sends like 10 people to Imperial every year. My predicted grades are literally perfect (predicted 20/20 in maths, predicted 20/20 in physics, predicted 20/20 in science, achieved 20/20 in Programming) for scientific subjects, and overall I'm predicted 18/20,; I'm way above the requirements on the website.

My personal statement was good enough for me to get interviewed and then pooled by King's College Cambridge for CS (though I ended up getting rejected). I have read my reference, and I think it's really really good.

Yet, like I said previously, I haven't received an interview invitation. It's been so long since I applied that I can only assume I have been rejected, and frankly I don't really know why. This is pure copium, but is it possible my application got lost somewhere at the admissions office, because I take the French bac but am still a home student, maybe? Should I email them? I know I'm not owed a place, and computing is competitive enough for many qualified applicants to be rejected, but my application could literally not have been better, with the exception of getting like 2 extra points on the online test. Please help.

You have not been rejected, no. The reason you know that is because your UCAS Hub doesn't say you've been rejected. There is no value in a university secretly rejecting you.

For over-subscribed courses (such as the ones you've applied for) universities will often wait until the equal consideration deadline before making the majority of their decisions - so they can see the "gathered field" of applicants in front of them.

That deadline was just two days ago.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

They are waiting to process internationals I think. My friend applied on the 27th of September, had his admissions test on 16th October and hasn't heard back since. I am a home applicant btw and I've got my offer. Shouldn't be too long before they start internationals. Unless of course they already have.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Imperial doesnt interview jmc applicants this year I guess. Visit the course website and see the interview section.
Reply 4
Original post by tungxuanle2005
Imperial doesnt interview jmc applicants this year I guess. Visit the course website and see the interview section.
Yes they do! At my interview day, it was a 50:50 split between CS and JMC applicants!
Original post by vnayak
Yes they do! At my interview day, it was a 50:50 split between CS and JMC applicants!
So probably I was rejected cause tmr is the last interview date. I applied for jmc also. Should I wait for imperial to reject me or reject them first haha?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 6
So probably I was rejected cause tmr is the last interview date. Have the thread starter received interview and/or offer yet?
Now, they may still go ahead with interviews into early March. I'm not too sure about this. My friend emailed them a while back (I'm talking late December) and got the interview dates and that said that the last possible date is the 28th Feb for interview (which is today). Now, I'm hearing a lot of different things from different people particularly on this website so I don't know who is correct and who isn't but my understanding would be that the last interview date, as far as I am aware, was today but this may be extended because there are still many people waiting for decisions.

Plus, I saw somewhere that imperial is trying to send out all of the decisions before 31st of March via UCAS so that's not too far away (32 days away).
literally same situation here (I also got a CS interview at Kings Cambridge) but I am a home applicant
Original post by Bruh Bruh
literally same situation here (I also got a CS interview at Kings Cambridge) but I am a home applicant
Did you hear back ?
Did you hear back ?
I was rejected by cambridge after interview
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Bruh Bruh
I was rejected by cambridge after interview
I am so sorry. Good luck with your other choice. Now the only thing we can do is hoping for a miracle from imperial.
Reply 11
I am so sorry. Good luck with your other choice. Now the only thing we can do is hoping for a miracle from imperial.
You've got this! Don't worry!
I saw on reddit where someone emailed imperial about interview invites and the computing admission department responded saying that the final invites were sent out last friday (1st march) and also mentioned that if you haven't got an invite by the end of 1st march then assume that your application is no longer under consideration.
Reply 13
Original post by Aanu3001
I saw on reddit where someone emailed imperial about interview invites and the computing admission department responded saying that the final invites were sent out last friday (1st march) and also mentioned that if you haven't got an invite by the end of 1st march then assume that your application is no longer under consideration.
Is it legit? Screenshot and everything? Plz send a link to the post if true. Also, is this for all or just home applicants?
Original post by Aanu3001
If say I am completely hopeless now, should I make a move and reject imperial before they reject me? That would be much cooler right haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending