The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Student Finance not sorted in time for Uni!

Hi everyone,

Basically my situation is that due to problems out of my control I was unable to send off my Birth certificate and apply for student finance until late June. Student Finance then also requested evidence of parents income which a couple of days to sort out and once this was done I sent it off. My Mum then received a text on the 23rd of August saying that the evidence of income had been received. I rang student finance this Tuesday (5th September) and they said that it will have taken till the 22nd for them to fully sort everything. One problem I have from this is that my Welcome Week at BCU starts on the 18th, ive accepted that im going to have to settle for a late payment but Ive also had to move out of my home for essential works to be carried out thus rendering my house inaccessible for atleast 2/3 months, even though I updated the contact details both with BCU and Student Finance to the temporary address im at theyve still been sending post to the address which building work is being carried out at. I was lucky to get the last set of post from Student Finance that went there however my issue with this is that, whilst the letter Ive been told I have to take to BCU will not only be late but will also be inaccessible to me and Im not sure how I will go about either this or how to sort Maintenance loan payments out when I get the letter considering everyone else will be takimg the loan letters to be authorised during the week starting Monday 18th of September.
Reply 1
Original post by Coventrykid1
Hi everyone,

Basically my situation is that due to problems out of my control I was unable to send off my Birth certificate and apply for student finance until late June. Student Finance then also requested evidence of parents income which a couple of days to sort out and once this was done I sent it off. My Mum then received a text on the 23rd of August saying that the evidence of income had been received. I rang student finance this Tuesday (5th September) and they said that it will have taken till the 22nd for them to fully sort everything. One problem I have from this is that my Welcome Week at BCU starts on the 18th, ive accepted that im going to have to settle for a late payment but Ive also had to move out of my home for essential works to be carried out thus rendering my house inaccessible for atleast 2/3 months, even though I updated the contact details both with BCU and Student Finance to the temporary address im at theyve still been sending post to the address which building work is being carried out at. I was lucky to get the last set of post from Student Finance that went there however my issue with this is that, whilst the letter Ive been told I have to take to BCU will not only be late but will also be inaccessible to me and Im not sure how I will go about either this or how to sort Maintenance loan payments out when I get the letter considering everyone else will be takimg the loan letters to be authorised during the week starting Monday 18th of September.

I'd contact Student Finance and confirm with them your new address so that they start sending stuff to the right place. If it's just going to be a week or so late, you should be fine to get it authorised at your uni then - they only send the payment on the first day of the actual course, not of freshers week.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending