The Student Room Group

Financial advice during suspended study

It there any sort of financial help you can get while suspending studies. I can't get a job due to being unwell but the student finance only gives 60 days extra of the loan.

I also can't get universal credit because i'm a full time student even though I'm not getting any student finance.

So I was wondering if there was any other support that I can get for the 5 months until I go back to uni in september?
Original post by Lucystylesfors
It there any sort of financial help you can get while suspending studies. I can't get a job due to being unwell but the student finance only gives 60 days extra of the loan.

I also can't get universal credit because i'm a full time student even though I'm not getting any student finance.

So I was wondering if there was any other support that I can get for the 5 months until I go back to uni in september?

Can I ask whether there is any financial support from family that you may be able to use?

When did your 60 days begin?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Can I ask whether there is any financial support from family that you may be able to use?

When did your 60 days begin?

My family hasn't got a lot of money at the moment so they can't really help me.

I'm not sure when it started but it ended towards the end of march.
Original post by Lucystylesfors
My family hasn't got a lot of money at the moment so they can't really help me.

I'm not sure when it started but it ended towards the end of march.

So you began your suspended study around January time? :smile:

And according to whom are you a full time student currently?
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
So you began your suspended study around January time? :smile:

And according to whom are you a full time student currently?

yes :smile:

when I applied for universal credit it said denied because it said i'm a full time student. idk if i filled it in wrong though because the education section was confusing so i think i will try again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending