The Student Room Group

The Persian Society (UKL Iranian Society)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Democracy
Your sister is very weird :sadnod:

Lol...umm shes not that bad, I've seen worse :wink:
Just out of curiousity; a question to Iranians:

NCRI ~ Yay or Nay?
Haft_Hasht_Shish

NCRI ~ Yay or Nay?

Interesting question. I need to go out now, but I'll reply later when I have more time.
persian.royalty
Ke shomaro moarefi konam? Hatman! :wink:

are rast migi mano moarefi kon, begoo "inam khaahar zanet, naazy joon" :biggrin:
Reply 3984
Naazy Joon
are rast migi mano moarefi kon, begoo "inam khaahar zanet, naazy joon" :biggrin:

Lazem nakarde toro be Benny joon moarefi konam, ishoun shomare mishnase akhe shoma zane sabegheshoon hastid :smile:
Haft_Hasht_Shish

NCRI ~ Yay or Nay?

Right, to understand the NCRI it is important to understand the MKO (Mojahedin eh Khalq) organisation. The MKO is commonly referred to as the Iranian Resistance. Until very recently it was an armed group, with it's own military base in Iraq (Camp Ashraf) and up to 50000 soldiers, many of whom are young people from Iran who escape to join the MKO. The MKO had tanks, artillery, heavy arms, etc, in short it was a professional army. I keep saying was because this is all past tense, since 2001 the MKO laid down its arms and has refused to fight and were subsequently removed from the UK's terror list. In the past however, they were very active, and killed Mohammad Ali Rajai, the second president of the Islamic Republic. This is rather a touchy subject. I personally do not feel they did anything wrong, them and their supporters were violently oppressed in Iran, and like any resistance movement they have a right to protest. I am only sorry that they didn't manage to kill Khomeini.

Now, the MKO have long been called terrorists by the USA, UK, EU and so on. The Tower Commission report showed that the designation of the MKO as terrorists was a political move, which was done by the USA so they could begin to normalise relations with the Mullahs. Indeed, the IRA were not included but the MKO were, even though they aren't half as bad as the IRA. When they were first called terrorists 224/435 members of the US House of Representatives signed a motion asking for a review of this decision. In response to the IRI's accusations of the MKO being responsible for terrorism, the British Parliament's Human Rights Committee and the UN cast doubts on it.

They seem to be liberal democrats, they want equality for women, minorities, etc, a free press, freedom of clothing and association. I agree with all of these, however, that's not to say that I agree with the MKO or NCRI outright.

Hope that helps you
(edited 12 years ago)
That was a very interesting and informative read. Thank you. I heard about the NCRI a few years back but recently came across their briefing papers which I assume they mass-e-mail to political figures etc. in Britain for support.
persian.royalty
Lazem nakarde toro be Benny joon moarefi konam, ishoun shomare mishnase akhe shoma zane sabegheshoon hastid :smile:

Base azizam, dige dari ghati mikoni, dashtim rajebe doktor harf mizadim hala dobare gir be benyamin joonam dadi?

Fekr konam dari yavash yavash divoone mishi, behtare tamoomesh koni ta haalet badtar nashe. :P

:rofl:

"And if I vanted too, I could espeak loik dees".
Reply 3989
Democracy

:rofl:

"And if I vanted too, I could espeak loik dees".

:eek:

I've chatted to this guy.

But that is so true. Our Esfahani accent is so embarassing sometimes that I mute it, and people think I fake it :mad: Grr.
persian.royalty

I've chatted to this guy.

But that is so true. Our Esfahani accent is so embarassing sometimes that I mute it, and people think I fake it Grr.

Vy aren't you in eschool? Go and estudy! :hmmm:

:tongue:
Reply 3991
Democracy
Vy aren't you in eschool? Go and estudy! :hmmm:

:tongue:

I am on de estudy leev.
persian.royalty
I am on de estudy leev.

Haha me too. Estudy leev is such a joke, I get like no work done :sad:
Reply 3993
Democracy
Haha me too. Estudy leev is such a joke, I get like no work done :sad:

I am goeeng to fayil all of my eh-xams. I doo nat kno jack shett.
Can someone please tell me which book from the following they chose to study for the A2 Persian exam :

• Moradi Kermani -Tales of Majid, book 1
• Jalal Al-e-Ahmad -Head Teacher
• Mehr Angiz Kar -Scorched Palm Trees
• Mahmud Kianush- Kaykavous to Kaykhosrow, stories from Shahnameh (the
first two stories; Story of Sohrab and Story of Siavosh)

Its an emergency , just been told that i actually need to study one of these .

I would also appreciate it very much if someone could give me some past papers , because i am the only one doing it in my school .
Reply 3995
hamidbahraini
Can someone please tell me which book from the following they chose to study for the A2 Persian exam :

Moradi Kermani -Tales of Majid, book 1
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad -Head Teacher
Mehr Angiz Kar -Scorched Palm Trees
Mahmud Kianush- Kaykavous to Kaykhosrow, stories from Shahnameh (the
first two stories; Story of Sohrab and Story of Siavosh)

Its an emergency , just been told that i actually need to study one of these .

I would also appreciate it very much if someone could give me some past papers , because i am the only one doing it in my school .

Azizam none of us really do Persian A Level, we're just a bunch of bikars. But there are past papers on the OCR website. Sorry dadash x
persian.royalty
Azizam none of us really do Persian A Level, we're just a bunch of bikars. But there are past papers on the OCR website. Sorry dadash x

LOL boro baba, just cause you're bikar o doleh doesn't mean the rest of us are :rofl2:

I think Bateman's doing Persian A level btw :rofl:
Reply 3997
Democracy
LOL boro baba, just cause you're bikar o doleh doesn't mean the rest of us are :rofl2:

I think Bateman's doing Persian A level btw :rofl:

You know what? Everyone in this society apart from: me & you - can be considered Un-Bikar.

But we are.:o:

And Bateman doesn't count.
I've been looking at the video diaries of this Aussie who has travelled Iran and came across this :toofunny:

The following video is also kind of hilarious, especially the first youtube comment. It's nice to know he/she thinks highly of Iranian men :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest