The Student Room Group

The Persian Society (UKL Iranian Society)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lNurl
Thaaanks a lot for the answer. You deserve big bold rep :smile: I though no one will answer anyways...

Hmmm the thing is I always wonder why don't you go against that government? Are you scared of the government or religion or majority agrees with the current state?? My dad went to Iran last summer, he said girls are having laughters with boys in the corners, they wear tons of make up and put scarf on when they see police officer. He felt sorry for them, because they don't need to hide for doing what they want to do. If they don't want to wear scarf, they shouldn't...

U were the only one who replied, do u mind if I ask you few more questions when I have??

Going against the government was the Green Revolution, and look what happened. Unfortunately, when we won the revolution against the Shah, we went from one extreme to the other, like how Reza Shah banned Hijab and our government made it necessary. But don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with Islam, I just disagree with it being forced upon people nor taken away.

It is really sad, how people our age have to be hiding what they do, although they still do have parties and do the stuff they're not supposed to, but they're still under some form of oppression.

And yeah, sure, go ahead, I'll try answer them to the best of my ability.

And have you been to Iran before?
Original post by Ehsan007
Going against the government was the Green Revolution, and look what happened. Unfortunately, when we won the revolution against the Shah, we went from one extreme to the other, like how Reza Shah banned Hijab and our government made it necessary. But don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with Islam, I just disagree with it being forced upon people nor taken away.

It is really sad, how people our age have to be hiding what they do, although they still do have parties and do the stuff they're not supposed to, but they're still under some form of oppression.

And yeah, sure, go ahead, I'll try answer them to the best of my ability.

And have you been to Iran before?

Unfortunately, I haven't. My dad and grandparents have been, last year.
But I met a lot of Iranians in England and in Azerbaijan (Persians not Azeri Iraninas)... Iranian boys at uni drink a lot and gamble, girls wear really too much make up and mini skirts and short shorts...
I feel sad as I said before, I have nothing against their clothing or drinking, but they are oppressed. They were feeling free
lol what's happened to this thread man.

education is embedded in iranian culture. i see street sweepers in iran with bachelor degrees.
Salam all :smile:

Glad to see fellow iranians on here, could anyone please reply to me if they have done GCSE Farsi I have some questions on it :wink:

Merci
Khodafez :biggrin:
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Salam all :smile:

Glad to see fellow iranians on here, could anyone please reply to me if they have done GCSE Farsi I have some questions on it :wink:

Merci
Khodafez :biggrin:

What questions do you have?
I did mine a few years ago so I might not be able to answer but I'll try :smile:
Original post by melody19
What questions do you have?
I did mine a few years ago so I might not be able to answer but I'll try :smile:

Hey I sent you a private message.

Thanks
same here, I may be able to answer your question
Haven't met any fellow Iranians in London- would love to make an Iranian friend:smile:
SALAM :biggrin:
Are you puuursian:rolleyes:
Salam :biggrin:

I'm not in London though. (N)
Original post by Unconventional.
Salam :biggrin:

I'm not in London though. (N)

Salam! Khoobi? :biggrin:
Oh, where abouts are you from? I can't seem to find any Iranians in London :O
Original post by shashapop
SALAM :biggrin:

Salam :biggrin: Chetori?
Original post by Al-farhan
Are you puuursian:rolleyes:

Aha I love this guy!
Original post by persianperson
Salam! Khoobi? :biggrin:
Oh, where abouts are you from? I can't seem to find any Iranians in London :O

All the Iranians and Persians reside in North london(Finchley)
There's lots of them at Birmingham uni.
Original post by queen-bee
All the Iranians and Persians reside in North london(Finchley)

Oh didn't know that :P I've heard that they are mostly in Edgware, but that's far from where I live.
Original post by Gangway
There's lots of them at Birmingham uni.

Aha, yeah my friend said this to me as well :P
No, there are no Persians or Iranians out there.
Original post by Sic semper erat
I am :smile:

Salaammm! :biggrin: khoobi?

Quick Reply

Latest