The Student Room Group

The Persian Society (UKL Iranian Society)

Scroll to see replies

Wow, sounds good. Make sure you save lots of lives :p:
I've started working in a charity shop, it's so tedious.
why don't you get a job that pays lol?
Because I can't be bothered :biggrin:
you want to be a dentist right?
You could still get a paying job that looks better on your PS than volenteer work.

For example lifeguarding shows resposibility and shows how you care for people etc..
I don't want to be a dentist :no:
you want to study english?
Maybe :yep:
why don't you just come to england and learn english lol, it shouldn't be that hard :p:
Haha, very funny.
I want to study Medicine. If I change my mind sometime next year, I'll apply for English.
What i said about dentistry applies to medicine.

By the way, first year dentists get 50k, first year doctors get 25k and it takes longer to become a doctor lol..
I'm not doing it for the money :no:
sure.
Reply 1192
This is maybe not the place to ask but maybe it is. :biggrin: Have any of you taken the Persian A-Level (OCR)? I'm thinking about learning Arabic or Persian and I just wondered what it's like. I'm not really interested in these "topics" :s-smilie: you usually get in foreign language classes though, they are sooo boring, however as I would self-teach I guess it wouldn't matter much. I love literature and am interested in history. Incidentally, any Persian literature you would recommend?
can you speak farsi, because if you can't then i doubt you could self teach it, there is so much to learn.
Bateman
sure.

I'm really not.
well i passed my exam anyway lol
Reply 1196
llys
This is maybe not the place to ask but maybe it is. :biggrin: Have any of you taken the Persian A-Level (OCR)? I'm thinking about learning Arabic or Persian and I just wondered what it's like. I'm not really interested in these "topics" :s-smilie: you usually get in foreign language classes though, they are sooo boring, however as I would self-teach I guess it wouldn't matter much. I love literature and am interested in history. Incidentally, any Persian literature you would recommend?

I've done the AS level.

Assuming you're not an Arab (or an Israeli for that matter) Persian would be the easier of the languages (plus it sounds and looks better in my opinion). Do you know any Persian or Arabic already?

The topics don't matter that much for the AS but there is a topic / text list for the A2. Although you need lots of vocab. Self teaching is very hard, if you're sure you want to do this I'd recommend finding a teacher.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :smile:
Salam hameghi! I'm back :p:
Salam Democracy!
How was Italy?
Italy was good, Venice was very nice as was the Italian country house we stayed in. But my little bro got chickenpox a few days ago, so we came back earlier. Oh well, I'm here for results day now :p:

Anything good happen whilst I was gone? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest