The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Work!

What i would give to have the time to be able to pay off most of my debt!
Reply 21
Haha, I'd wonder why my contact time had tripled...
Frodz
Work!

What i would give to have the time to be able to pay off most of my debt!

But what if I am never going to earn over £15k per year? :rolleyes:

Why should I pay the debt off?

I obviously hope to earn much more than £15k per year, but it is hard to maximise earnings in the Arts, as I am.
If you never make more than 15K a year, then you're not trying very hard.
no hero in her sky
If you never make more than 15K a year, then you're not trying very hard.

So how much do you think people earn who lay cables in the studio for a living? :s-smilie:
Andy Pipkin
So how much do you think people earn who lay cables in the studio for a living? :s-smilie:

To be perfectly honest, I'd wonder why the person needed a degree to lay cables.
Reply 26
I'd jerk off.
Reply 27
Andy Pipkin
But what if I am never going to earn over £15k per year? :rolleyes:

Why should I pay the debt off?

I obviously hope to earn much more than £15k per year, but it is hard to maximise earnings in the Arts, as I am.

Fact is in all likelyhood you are going to be making more than (maybe not much more but still over the threshold) £15k so you're going to have to think about the debt. In fact when you're looking at a relatively low payed career i'd be looking for just about any way i could to get get my debts as small as possible.
I get 4 hours a week of contact time and split the rest of my time between studying independently, volunteering and having a social life. I'm lucky in that i pay the old fees due to being in the system before top up fees were introduced however i feel that i am paying a lot of money for very little time spent teaching. Most of the money given is used for lecturers to research.

I found the best way to study though or to acquire better skills in writing essays, taking exams etc was to go to the workshops generally put on y the careers people. The free time is useful to me this semester to start looking for jobs for when i graduate this year.

YOu have to balance out what you do and then you won't be bored unless you don't enjoy/ find the course challenging enough.
Reply 29
I'd die of boredom! I usually have 32hrs contact time a week, and on the rare occassion I have an afternoon break I die of boredom.
I have about 15 hours a week in uni, but then Im up in Scotland and dont pay fees so it suits me fine.

We get so much information in each lecture as well that if we had any more it would be overwhelmingly hard to find a balance between going to lectures and studying in your own time. I like having extra time to go over things :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending