The Student Room Group

Why is israel untouchable?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by calsmith12
Riggggght, because Israel is so innocent, aren't they?

Israel invented skunk cannons (a vile contraption that sprays fecal matter, urine and harmful chemicals) to use against Palestinian civilians.

Israel has murdered 2,167 Palestinian children since 2000.

Israel uses a primitive form of circumcision in which rabbis use their teeth to perform the penile operation.

Same sex marriage is illegal in Israel, Blood donation from Gays is illegal in Israel, Adoption by Gays is illegal in Israel, Gay conversion is also legal and rife in Israel. So don't paint them as some LGBT wonderland paradise.

The circumcision is not an Iraeli thing. Its a Jewish thing. dont get them confused and teeth are niot used.
Reply 41

Israel invented skunk cannons (a vile contraption that sprays fecal matter, urine and harmful chemicals) to use against Palestinian civilians.

Israel has murdered 2,167 Palestinian children since 2000.

Israel uses a primitive form of circumcision in which rabbis use their teeth to perform the penile operation.

Same sex marriage is illegal in Israel, Blood donation from Gays is illegal in Israel, Adoption by Gays is illegal in Israel, Gay conversion is also legal and rife in Israel. So don't paint them as some LGBT wonderland paradise.

THANK YOU! Its the 21st Century!
Reply 42
Original post by Wired_1800
Yes, I did and I stand by it. Any problem?

Is it antisemitic or self-hating to say that Jews rule the world. If i said that Muslims rule the world, would I be classed as an Islamophobe.

That doesn't even make sense. If you said Muslims rule the world you wouldn't be classified as an Islamophobe. Islamaphobe: Islamophobia is defined as "Intense dislike or fear of Islam, esp. as a political force; hostility or prejudice towards Muslims". .. Jews don't rule the world we live in CURRENTLY. I do respect all religions, however, thining that Judaism is so superior and better than any other forms of religion is quiet disrespectful.

One of my fave pics
Original post by miss_ambitious
THANK YOU! Its the 21st Century!

it funny you are calling Israel backwards when women can wear what ever they like in the street and beach. If young lady you wear the clothing in your photo (you look very nice by the why i not criticizing you) in the Palestine areas you be attacked in the street like I was.
Reply 44
Original post by yoloyodo
I dont get waht your question is about. Are you asking about Israel or are you asking about the extent of the Holocaust? You dont seem to make sense.
Israel is of course a very controversial topic. And yes, you could argue that its treatment of the Palistinians in Gaza is wrong. However, looking at the previous wars waged by Middle Eastern coutries against Israel it is evident that many are up against Israel for very unclear reasons. Sadam Hussain declared before the Six Day War that he would "push Israel into the sea!" This clearly shows that many of these countries deserve the respect given to Israel by the USA and the UK. There are several examples of this.
Also, the respect from the UK to Israel is not so clear-cut. As a non-written rule, the Queen has not and will not go to Israel, as decided by the government. This seems to show an incomplete respect for Israel.

Regarding your point about the Holocaust, what does this have to do with Arab-Israeli conflict exactly? confused. Either way, the way you have disregarded the horrific extent of the suffering the Jews went through in the Holocaust is completely out of place.

I haven't disregarded the horrific events of the holocaust don't put words in my mouth. The attacks on Hiroshima were horrific as well, do you see Japan bombing Syria or Gaza? Many attacks happened. Also denial of the holocaust isnt illegal in the UK, however I'm not denying the holocaust just stating a fact.
Original post by xyz544
Israel wants to take over all of the land owned by its regional neighbours.

If this was true Israel had long owned the Sinai desert, half of Jordan, all of Lebanon and most of Syria.
Original post by looloo2134
I sure gay men enjoy there free skydriving lessons of high building without parachutes and teenage girls under the age of sixteen being married to their 40 year old first cousin in West Bank.

jidf pls go
Original post by miss_ambitious
That doesn't even make sense. If you said Muslims rule the world you wouldn't be classified as an Islamophobe. Islamaphobe: Islamophobia is defined as "Intense dislike or fear of Islam, esp. as a political force; hostility or prejudice towards Muslims". .. Jews don't rule the world we live in CURRENTLY. I do respect all religions, however, thining that Judaism is so superior and better than any other forms of religion is quiet disrespectful.

One of my fave pics

I think you got it wrong. The post was from another thread where people were praising the accomplishments of Jewish people despite the atrocities of the Holocaust. My comment then was that Jews now rule the world, which if you look careful is true to an extent, whether we agree or not.

I then commented on another thread that centred around Jews and mentioned what was said there and a poster accused me of antisemitism. I was shocked. How did it descend to antisemitism, when the thread praised Jewish people.

On this thread, another poster came out to reference my other post in a way to contradict my earlier post on this thread, which i responded by standing by my comment. People seem to look for ways to get offended, but i guess it is part if our generation.

Finally, i dont think that Jewish people are inherently superior to other races or religions.
(edited 6 years ago)
would be more concerned that the US are accusing Iran of things that Israel are doing (which they don't mind) :confused:

Which is Illegal now and is no longer in use.

In Israel only the extermist cults do that. The rest require curcumcision to be preformed by a Rabbi with a medical background, he must be at least a medical assistant.

Same sex marriages as well as marriage of a Jewish and non-Jewish person can be recognized by the government if preformed abroad. Sorry, but because I am Jewish I cannot marry my boyfriend whose mother is not Jewish. Not talking about same sex marriage. In many Arab countries being gay is illegal, not talking about marrying a gay.....

Many people confuse Zionism, a political force, to Hebrew/Judaism, a religious and cultural identity. Very few Jewish people are in support of the Zionist agenda as espoused by rogue elements in the Israeli Government. To me, anti-Zionism is not the same as antisemitism. When you talk about it, you may be labelled as a self-hating Jew.

The Holocaust was a terrible experience and many people, whose family experienced that, shiver when we discuss it.

OMG.... I wanted to write about it, but you made it so much better!
I am an Israeli non-religious Jew and I am not Zionist.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kathy89

OMG.... I wanted to write about it, but you made it so much better!

Thanks for your comment. :smile:

Lol, I love it when people do this.
Original post by Rorschach II
Lol, I love it when people do this.

Why do you love it?
Yes, I did and I stand by it. Any problem?

I don't, but you probably have a problem: your last message with "the Jews run the world" was deleted...
However, saying A you should say B. If Jews "rule the world", how they coordinate their policy and actions without "secret meetings"?
Is it antisemitic or self-hating to say that Jews rule the world.

Yes, it is anti Semitic.
What the hell you mean by "self-hating"?
If i said that Muslims rule the world, would I be classed as an Islamophobe.

Irrelevant.
Original post by admonit
I don't, but you probably have a problem: your last message with "the Jews run the world" was deleted...
However, saying A you should say B. If Jews "rule the world", how they coordinate their policy and actions without "secret meetings"?

Yes, it is anti Semitic.
What the hell you mean by "self-hating"?

Irrelevant.

First of all, the person, who accused me of antisemitism, reported me to TSR and got the post deleted.

When I state that "Jews run the world", I never ever mentioned anything about secret meetings. It was my recognition of many global leaders with Jewish heritage, background or connection.

Two, I dont think you understand what it means to be anti-Semitic. I am half-Jewish and i will not hate members of the Jewish community, who are also members of my family.

Three, self-hating is the idea that some people accuse some Jewish people of hating their history or identity.

Finally, I still dont see how my post was anti-Semitic to support Jewish communities and recognise achievement.

Is it antisemitic or self-hating to say that Jews rule the world. If i said that Muslims rule the world, would I be classed as an Islamophobe.

Yes, probably.
Original post by anarchism101
Yes, probably.

How does making a positive comment get transformed into prejudice or hatred for members of your own community?
How does making a positive comment get transformed into prejudice or hatred for members of your own community?

Saying "X rule the world" generally isn't a positive comment. Most people don't see world domination as a good thing.
Original post by anarchism101
Saying "X rule the world" generally isn't a positive comment. Most people don't see world domination as a good thing.

Ok, that is new.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending