The Student Room Group

Partly completed ACCA, applying for audit graduate at KPMG

Hope you guys are doing good!
I am doing my masters in accounting right now and I have applied for audit graduate program @ KPMG. Also, I have 6 exemptions in ACCA, cleared 2 papers (not in so good way, but managed to) and have one paper left in Applied Skills. Professional papers are untouched. It would be helpful if I know three things:
1) Will my ACCA qualifications or the number of attempts I made affect my application outcome?
2) When I was checking out the ICAEW website, I came to know that if I am an ACCA affiliate (clear all 13 papers with ATX and AAA), ICAEW gives exemptions for 12 papers. Will I be able to negotiate with my recruiters to give me training for the 4 professional papers of ACCA so that I can use it to gain the exemptions? In tht case i will have both the qualifications.
3) Will I be paid during my first year (when i am studying) in KPMG?

Thank You in advance!
Reply 1
Are you only applying for one firm? If so why?

Will my ACCA qualifications or the number of attempts I made affect my application outcome?

Probably not at most firms unless you have prior experience so long as you passed all papers first time. A failure could be a real issue. Firms used to state their position on such things on their websites. They don't seem to do so any more so you just need to submit applications and see what happens.

Will I be able to negotiate with my recruiters to give me training for the 4 professional papers of ACCA so that I can use it to gain the exemptions? In tht case i will have both the qualifications.

Possibly - but why would you want two qualifications? Such things happen - but may be less likely for a standard graduate intake.

Will I be paid during my first year (when i am studying) in KPMG?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending