The Student Room Group

Classics at King's or UCL?

Hi :smile:
I can see that there's another thread for UCL and King's, and which is the better one of the two. However, I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice regarding Classics, and at which institution I should study it, because although UCL has got a better reputation as an insitution in itself, King's has got a better Classics department. Therefore, from a future point of view, which would look better, the better institution or the better department?
If anyone studying Classics at either of the two is willing to give any further advice about the two, that would be great!
Thanks a lot!!
Reply 1
Better department. I'm not saying that cos I'm at KCL. If you said geography, for example, I would say go to UCL immediately.

But yeah, your department is what matters.
Reply 2
UCL would look better on your CV...
Reply 3
tomoli

only if tomoli gonna be ur recruiter, which will never happen anyway..

go King's!
Reply 4
I'll have you know that I play a key role in the recruitment industry :p:
Reply 5
Just further evidence of its profound corruption then :rolleyes:
Reply 6
If the department is better at Kings, then definately go there.
employers care more about the university than the department...

But really, they are both good, so choose which one you would be happiest at :smile:
Reply 8
tomoli

i second this.
Reply 9
My friend does Classics at Oxford, but had put KCL as her insurance. Just some anecdotal background...
Go to King's. I think it is a nicer and friendlier and less impersonal university (well from what I have seen, admittedly very little)
Reply 11
go to both Univesities first in my opinion.
Reply 12

According to a sixth form student.
Reply 13
Thanks a lot everyone :wink:
Classics is an excellent department at KCL...

Latest

Trending

Trending