Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
around
Go out and enjoy the sunshine!

Getting a sub to TSR is a good way to go about doing that :P ^_^
Reply 1181
My Alt
Getting a sub to TSR is a good way to go about doing that :P ^_^

What I say and what I do are two different things...

(I had some spare riches lying around from mentoring people)
Reply 1182
My Alt
Ahah. I think "Zhandro" is taking STEP this year, and so won't have got his hands on a MATLAB disk yet. They did give it to us over the summer :smile:
:facepalm: That makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.
Zhandro
I suppose Python would be a good language to start with?
I know someone who did his IB CATAM projects in Python (which he learnt just for CATAM, though it wasn't his first programming language). He had to write some routines for matrices that MATLAB does by itself, but I think he thought it was quite a suitable language (and you would probably be allowed to use libraries for that sort of thing, though I haven't looked into it).
Reply 1183
FWIW my supervisor for probability and also optimization writes programs in Python whenever he needs to brute-force calculate something.
Reply 1184
Cool. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm just terrified of missing my offer with a 1.2 or 2,2.

I mean, I really don't have an insurance offer. Right now I have sent matriculation forms to Princeton, but the bill is due mid-August, probably before STEP results...
Reply 1185
Zhandro
Cool. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm just terrified of missing my offer with a 1.2 or 2,2.

I mean, I really don't have an insurance offer. Right now I have sent matriculation forms to Princeton, but the bill is due mid-August, probably before STEP results...

dude
Reply 1186
The countdown begins.
Reply 1187
Zhandro
The countdown begins.

When do you get them?
Reply 1188
August 19th is results day.

Which is really nice, since here in California, we are 8hrs behind you guys.
So I essentially get my scores 4 PM, August 18th.
Reply 1189
Zhandro
August 19th is results day.

Which is really nice, since here in California, we are 8hrs behind you guys.
So I essentially get my scores 4 PM, August 18th.

I doubt anyone is going to get [all of] their results at midnight (unless all the exam boards have switched to online results now).
Reply 1190
nuodai
I doubt anyone is going to get [all of] their results at midnight (unless all the exam boards have switched to online results now).

yah, it's done online. You log on to their website to get your scores.
Reply 1191
nuodai

But surely only one exam result matters to this guy!
Reply 1192
My Alt
But surely only one exam result matters to this guy!

Good point! Ah, nostalgia; I remember STEP results rolling in... I didn't really care about mine because, with not being a Mathmo at that point, I could still have got in without them :p: How things have changed.

Anyway it's all done at 00:00 GMT so time zone makes no difference for the STEP results.
Reply 1193
nuodai
Good point! Ah, nostalgia; I remember STEP results rolling in... I didn't really care about mine because, with not being a Mathmo at that point, I could still have got in without them :p: How things have changed.

Alright for some, eh?
around
Alright for some, eh?

He only had to take I and II as well... :rolleyes:
Reply 1195
around
Alright for some, eh?

sonofdot

:biggrin:

Now move on lads, take your 1sts in IA elsewhere.
Reply 1196
nuodai

Anyway it's all done at 00:00 GMT so time zone makes no difference for the STEP results.

I think his point is that, sure, he gets his results at the same time as anyone else. But getting them at what to you is 4PM rather than 12Pm is better.

Although I beg to differ, I don't remember much of my STEP results night, I ended up drinking at my Dad's iirc, getting back around 4 in the morning, and getting my A-level results really hungover. Good time to receive results, I think!
Reply 1197
My Alt
I think his point is that, sure, he gets his results at the same time as anyone else. But getting them at what to you is 4PM rather than 12Pm is better.
Ah feck it, I'm a dolt :p:

My Alt
Although I beg to differ, I don't remember much of my STEP results night, I ended up drinking at my Dad's iirc, getting back around 4 in the morning, and getting my A-level results really hungover. Good time to receive results, I think!

It's the best way.
Reply 1198
sonofdot

I only had to do that:biggrin:
My brother this year has to do II and III, I wonder if I affected my college's opinion...
Reply 1199
My Alt

I remember watching a late night documentary on BBC 4 that night due to sleeplessness. It featured the presenter drinking sea urchin sperm.

:s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending