The Student Room Group

Cambridge English Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

fumblewomble
Bad luck. Nottingham's a great uni though.

I'm definitely not going there... Might take a gap year though I doubt that I'll reapply to Cam. I really want a Durham offer but I doubt I'll get one. Sad times!
Reply 581
NJHL
I am petrified. I only find out either tomorrow or Monday and all my friends at school are either pooled/rejected. I am...screwed and yet I can't stop the hope for a moment either....Damn!!!!

you got into durham! why do you care about cambridge now :p: Durham is the best in terms of academia for English in the whole country, and it's lovely :smile: I wish I'd applied there...
Reply 582
sadie-kiki
you got into durham! why do you care about cambridge now :p: Durham is the best in terms of academia for English in the whole country, and it's lovely :smile: I wish I'd applied there...

Because Cambridge is a dream!! the best! I absolutely adore the place, and my college had such a nice choir which once I felt I may have gotten into. AH bugger.
Reply 583
NJHL
Because Cambridge is a dream!! the best! I absolutely adore the place, and my college had such a nice choir which once I felt I may have gotten into. AH bugger.

ahh are you a choral person? That's understandable then - if you want music and academics and lovelyness I guess Cambridge is the place to be! good luck!
Reply 584
Thanks lots. but I'm really worried...all my much cleverer friends are getting pooled and the choral thing does mean a lot...patience...have to wait it out...good luck sadie!
Reply 585
NJHL
Thanks lots. but I'm really worried...all my much cleverer friends are getting pooled and the choral thing does mean a lot...patience...have to wait it out...good luck sadie!

thanks :smile: good luck to you too! and you're safe-ish in the knowledge that you're pretty much certainly going somewhere else amazing if you don't get in, which is a bonus :yep: I should have thought more carefully about my choices!
Reply 586
Rejected. Bit pissed I wasn't pooled cos I enjoyed the interviews so much - I guess I'm just hurt that they obviously didn't enjoy chatting to me enough to at least pool me. :frown::frown::frown:
aaloo
Rejected. Bit pissed I wasn't pooled cos I enjoyed the interviews so much - I guess I'm just hurt that they obviously didn't enjoy chatting to me enough to at least pool me. :frown::frown::frown:

aaloo, I'm quite worried now, as I enjoyed my interviews (especially the first) immensely. I haven't received my letter yet so I'm on tenterhooks. Can I ask which college you applied to?
Reply 588
ah don't worry mate. it's the way of the world...i'm going to try to resign myself to the knowledge that there isn't any point in worrying...this will probably be futile!
keepthefaith
aaloo, I'm quite worried now, as I enjoyed my interviews (especially the first) immensely. I haven't received my letter yet so I'm on tenterhooks. Can I ask which college you applied to?

Why is that worrying?
Reply 590
keepthefaith

Emmanuel
andyroo_g
Why is that worrying?

Because aaloo enjoyed their interviews and thought they went very well, yet they've been rejected without even being put in the pool. I'm worried the same will happen to me.
Reply 592
fumblewomble
Bad luck. I'm sure they did enjoy talking to you - you just had strong competition. Good luck with your other applications.

Thanks. When I stop feeling like a kicked puppy, I'll fall in love with Durham again, I'm sure. *sigh*
Reply 593
keepthefaith
Because aaloo enjoyed their interviews and thought they went very well, yet they've been rejected without even being put in the pool. I'm worried the same will happen to me.

Everyone at Emmanuel applying for English enjoyed their interviews. It was just that kind of atmosphere. Just wait.
Reply 594
Durham is lovely. I need to learn to love it more and be more grateful for what i have rather than what i don't...
Reply 595
Yup, me too. I agree. But I don't actually have an offer from Durham either so.. best just suspend hope for the time being.
I think I want to reapply next year. But first i shall get my school to do this
http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/apply/decisions.html

eurgh.
Reply 597
I get mine automatically on the 11th Feb.
why/how?
Reply 599
Emmanuel college procedures. The rejection letter said so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending