The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Experiences of Oxford Brookes?

Does anyone have any experience of studying at Brookes, good or bad? It's one of my choices but haven't heard much about it other than the fact that everyone is posh and insanely good looking - i am neither :/ is what i've heard true? Thanks

also what is the standard of nightlife like
Original post by Mills2000
Does anyone have any experience of studying at Brookes, good or bad? It's one of my choices but haven't heard much about it other than the fact that everyone is posh and insanely good looking - i am neither :/ is what i've heard true? Thanks

also what is the standard of nightlife like

Hi Mills2000,

I’m an Oxford Brookes alumni and I’m happy to share my experience with you. Firstly you need to visit us on an Open Day and see for yourself what we’re all about. We are a very diverse university community with people coming from all over the world and all different walks of life. I can attest to this being an international student and meeting people in my course and my halls accommodation that does not quite fit the description you’ve given.

Brookes is a modern university in the student city of Oxford which comes with many advantages! A great variety of student resources and activities to partake in within the university and out in the city. Studying at Brookes I found the studying spaces, the library, student-advice centers like Upgrade to be extremely helpful and beneficial to my degree.
I managed to go on exchange to Japan during my time here, be part of the glee and radio society, and join the tennis sports society as well.

The standard of nightlife is great. Oxford is a fairly small city so we don’t have as many nightclubs as somewhere like London, but there is definitely no shortage of places to go for a night out. If you want a club night out there’s always Oxford City Centre, if you’re looking for great deals in pubs and a bite to eat at night there is Cowley Rd.

Don’t hesitate to send us any questions as we’re happy to answer them!

Kind regards,

Abigail J.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending