The Student Room Group

Sexsomnia: My boyfriend raped his ex 'in his sleep'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-42226868

"His brainwaves in his sleep study show something very unusual - he appears to be awake and deeply asleep at the same time"
Dr Guy Leschziner, Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals.

"Tom insisted he had no recollection at all of trying to have sex with Sarah that night. He was devastated by her account of what he had done and by the thought that he had hurt her."

Would you stay with someone with sexsomnia? Do you even believe it exists? Share your thoughts!
Original post by hannxm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-42226868

"His brainwaves in his sleep study show something very unusual - he appears to be awake and deeply asleep at the same time"
Dr Guy Leschziner, Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals.

"Tom insisted he had no recollection at all of trying to have sex with Sarah that night. He was devastated by her account of what he had done and by the thought that he had hurt her."

Would you stay with someone with sexsomnia? Do you even believe it exists? Share your thoughts!

mmm that guy's incidents both happened after booze.

But one night, after they'd been to a party, where they'd both been drinking

He and Karen had had a drink, watched a film and then shared a bed. Tom had fallen asleep almost immediately, but had been woken about 45 minutes later by Karen screaming
Pretty much any sleepin condition is aggravated by alcohol.

I think it could be a real thing but I don't know that I could stay with the person TBH, not unless I felt I'd be able to fight them off. I wouldn't think they were a terrible person for what happened because it seems like a genuine illness but I don't think I could run the risk of it happening to me too.
Not his fault but if I were her I wouldn't sleep in the same bed as him
You should ha a put rape in inverted commas, a sleeping person can’t rape anyone.
Reply 5
What a jolly unfortunate condition for the chap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending