The Student Room Group

Is Trumps "Muslim ban" really as bad and racially motivated as the news says?

The ban has been rejected from US courts twice so far. Since the ban Is now in place, is the ban as bad as it has been made out to be by mainstream media?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by memesneeded
The ban has been rejected from US courts twice so far. Is the ban as bad as it has been made out to be by mainstream media?

Of course it's not. The media are hysterical when it comes to Trump.

It's not even a Muslim ban, it's a travel ban from only six countries. If it was a Muslim ban you would see many more countries on the ban list.
Tbf I understand why he's doing it. Maybe it's a bit extreme, but that's none of my business. The media do love to exaggerate everything, that's how they get their views, but I think he's aiming the ban at the people from them countries rather than the religion, but most of them just happen to have the same religion naturally.
I will rebuild our military so big, so good, so strong, so powerful than ever before, and it can be and I mean, seriously, I’m saying is because I want to put that company. I employ thousands of employees in Florida all along Miami. At Doral in Marla ago and moving into Mexico. Nabisco closing up shops. Doctors are quitting. I have a friend who’s a doctor, and he said, we’re not letting them do any big deals. Just relax, Eric. Just relax, Eric. Just relax. Calm it.
Reply 4
There is no doubt its a racist bill and is clearly not meant to be against so called Islamic extremism anyway. If it were he would be putting all of the gulf kingdoms and Pakistan on it.
its not a muslim ban like everyone makes it out to be 🙄

national security? haha..
You're talking about a man who announced that he was going to ban all Muslims and shared Britain First propaganda to dehumanise Muslims. Don't blame the media for suggesting that there are bigoted intentions behind the ban. He is the one who created those impressions in the first place.
Trumps constant encouragement of anti-Muslim views is why people are legitimately suspicious of the intentions behind the ban - if from the start he'd argued for a temporary ban on core countries to ISIS while the group is tackled, while making a commitment to aid those forced from their homes by that band of psychopaths, people wouldn't be nearly as appalled. But that would require nouse and tact, neither of which the self-aggrandizing blowhard has - instead he's shared anti-Muslim propaganda and made it about stopping Muslims as a whole rather than specifically extremists.
It's a safe space policy that just makes America look weak.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Trumps constant encouragement of anti-Muslim views is why people are legitimately suspicious of the intentions behind the ban - if from the start he'd argued for a temporary ban on core countries to ISIS while the group is tackled, while making a commitment to aid those forced from their homes by that band of psychopaths, people wouldn't be nearly as appalled. But that would require nouse and tact, neither of which the self-aggrandizing blowhard has - instead he's shared anti-Muslim propaganda and made it about stopping Muslims as a whole rather than specifically extremists.

Indeed, iirc that's part of the reason why the initial ban was overturned by the courts - Trump had called for a complete "Muslim ban" in the campaign, and the ban was clearly just the proxy for this.
Original post by memesneeded
The ban has been rejected from US courts twice so far. Since the ban Is now in place, is the ban as bad as it has been made out to be by mainstream media?

No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending