The Student Room Group

Pope wants to change Lord's Prayer

Scroll to see replies

it is not his job to edit the words of Our Lord

smh

he is being led into temptation :angry:
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
How do you think those multiple versions came into being if not by translations?

I will talk about the Holy Quraan. This was accomplished by an angel giving our Beloved prophet Muhammad(SAW) his first revelation.

Chapter 96 in the Holy Quraan will explain all you're curiosity.
I see his point but tbh I still get the words to the revised Mass order wrong. The one thing I was counting on was the 'Our Father' and 'Hail Mary' prayers not changing :lol:

So yes it should change, but no because it'll be a huge inconvenience for me :tongue: #TLGPriorities
Reply 23
Original post by MiszShortee786
Im not referring to the translation at all. Im talking about the original book itself.

How many copies of the bible are there prevalent today compared to the original text of the Holy Quraan?

There's no original bible text in existence. Isn't that right @Drummond.
Makes sense, God doesn’t lead us into temptation after all.
Original post by Doonesbury

Exactly! Compared to the Holy Quraan how many replicas of the Holy Quraan are there in existence today?
Original post by serions871

That's Satan's doing.
The Pope has called for a change to the Lord's Prayer. He wants to change the line "lead us not into temptation" because God does not lead humans to sin.

Should the wording be changed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42279427
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/08/lead-us-not-into-mistranslation-pope-wants-lords-prayer-changed

Yes it should be changed since God does not lead us into temptation, he actually helps us become better people. I’ll be using the new prayer from now on.

We'll find out soon enough Doonesbury, after all the King came from Judah, but the birthright was Joseph's.

Be patient and listen for what the LORD our God might reveal. Then we might discover which is the true Word of God.
what is with Christians and the bible they think that's a software to be fondled with? how many times was the bible changed
Original post by serions871

No, the point is that the LORD our God leads us. So He is before us making the path. So we are asking Him to navigate around the temptation for us, even if the road might be longer because of it.

But the pope wouldn't understand that.
The Pope has called for a change to the Lord's Prayer. He wants to change the line "lead us not into temptation" because God does not lead humans to sin.

Should the wording be changed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42279427
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/08/lead-us-not-into-mistranslation-pope-wants-lords-prayer-changed

It's not The Lord's prayer. It's the disciples prayer that He taught them to pray. The Lord's prayer is John 17.
Reply 32
Oh great, something else to potentially learn when I am forced to go to Mass
you might as well say that "give us this day our Daily Bread" should be changed because

i) The Almighty is not a baker

ii) it is offensive to those with wheat intolerance
Reply 34
Original post by Drummond
No, the point is that the LORD our God leads us. So He is before us making the path. So we are asking Him to navigate around the temptation for us, even if the road might be longer because of it.

But the pope wouldn't understand that.

Why do you have to ask him? Shouldn't that be the first thing a God would do: steer you away from temptation. Also why does a perfect god have temptation in their creation anyway?
Original post by clouddbubbles
to some people yes, but he doesn’t dictate us

In religious matters, he does. That's kind of his job.
PS

Correctly translated Matt 6:13 reads; "And bring us not into TESTING, but rescue us from evil". Just as Job, Abraham and Peter were put to the test. It's good to be tested, but it doesn't feel good at the time.

The words of James in verse 2 of the 1st chapter of his epistle says how we should respond to testing and goes on to explain why.
Reply 37
Original post by the bear
you might as well say that "give us this day our Daily Bread" should be changed because

i) The Almighty is not a baker

ii) it is offensive to those with wheat intolerance

I get sad at not being able to take the Lord's body now. :moon:
Original post by Gwilym101
In religious matters, he does. That's kind of his job.

we’re entitled to our own opinions lmao
Original post by Airmed
I get sad at not being able to take the Lord's body now. :moon:

:console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending