The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goggleyed
Do Hindus not call their religion peaceful?

I don't think Hindus even label their own religion as peaceful. unlike Muslims.
Original post by CuriousGuy777
The BBC and Dailymail did report this actually.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-42261797

"Police in the western Indian state of Rajasthan have arrested a man who allegedly hacked another man to death and set him alight before sharing video of the apparent religious attack."

"Senior police official Anand Srivastava told BBC Hindi's Dilnawaz Pasha that the man had shared several "hateful" videos on social media."

"He has used inflammatory statements in these videos. To avoid any violence, we have been organising meetings between the two communities," Mr Srivastava added."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5156723/Hindu-records-brutally-hacking-muslim-man-death.html

That's good that they're reporting it, but even on BBC news's India section, it's not one of the top headlines. It's hidden away near the end of the page. And what's worse is that the BBC report implies that there was some form of justification for the killing by referring to that 'love jihad' nonsense.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by akbar0123
That's good that they're reporting it, but even on BBC news's India section, it's not one of the top headlines. It's hidden away near the end of the page. And what's worse is that the BBC report implies that there was some form of justification for the killing by referring to that 'love jihad' nonsense.

for it to be top, a lot of people would obviously have to see it. clearly not a lot of people read it.

what exactly do u want? it's proved that the BBC reported but u want it as a top news? pretty stupid imo
Original post by RickHendricks
for it to be top, a lot of people would obviously have to see it. clearly not a lot of people read it.

what exactly do u want? it's proved that the BBC reported but u want it as a top news? pretty stupid imo

The BBC decides what goes to the top of the page, it's not based on views.
The BBC decides what goes to the top of the page, it's not based on views.

it will decide which ones people will read most likely. why are u so desperate for such news to go up? if tables were turned u wouldn't be saying this.

Well the BBC or any other western media hasn't covered this either -

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/bihar-muslim-girl-hindu-boy-found-dead-girls-kin-held-4961159/

"Police on Wednesday recovered bodies of a Hindu boy (15) and a Muslim girl (14) from different places in Bihar’s West Champaran district and suspected the two might have been killed over an affair."

"The West Champaran police arrested three relatives of the girl and said that they are waiting for the postmortem report for further investigation. The boy and girl, from adjoining villages of Nautan, studied in different schools. The boy had gone missing on Monday night."

“The body of the girl was dumped into a gorge, smeared with salt and covered with mud close to the Chandravat river. The body has been exhumed by the police. The boy’s body was recovered 2 km away from the girl’s house.”
Original post by Poooky
Of course :frown: Shame we never get that solidarity ourselves

And we shouldn't expect it either.
(edited 6 years ago)

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/bihar-muslim-girl-hindu-boy-found-dead-girls-kin-held-4961159/

"Police on Wednesday recovered bodies of a Hindu boy (15) and a Muslim girl (14) from different places in Bihar’s West Champaran district and suspected the two might have been killed over an affair."

"The West Champaran police arrested three relatives of the girl and said that they are waiting for the postmortem report for further investigation. The boy and girl, from adjoining villages of Nautan, studied in different schools. The boy had gone missing on Monday night."

“The body of the girl was dumped into a gorge, smeared with salt and covered with mud close to the Chandravat river. The body has been exhumed by the police. The boy’s body was recovered 2 km away from the girl’s house.”

Maybe that's because it's inside a family and therefore a domestic violence incident rather than a hate crime against a random person.

RIP to both :frown: Smeared with salt?! People's depravity shocks me

Spoiler

Maybe that's because it's inside a family and therefore a domestic violence incident rather than a hate crime against a random person.

"The victim, seen in the video as a blurry image wearing a white Muslim prayer cap, was identified as Afrajul, a 50-year-old migrant laborer from the eastern state of West Bengal. Activists in the area said they did not know how much truth there was to the accusation that Mr. Afrajul, who was married with three children, was having an affair with a Hindu woman."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/08/world/asia/india-muslim-killing-video.html?referer=https://www.google.co.in/

The Muslim man was killed for allegedly having a extramarital affair with a hindu woman and in the other case the Muslim girls family killed her and her alleged boyfriend for having an affair with a hindu.
Original post by MiszShortee786
What he is implying is that it's morally wrong for such a great man to consumate a marriage with a 9 year old.

It is...
Original post by Zargabaath
It is...

Imagine thinking that's okay.
What he is implying is that it's morally wrong for such a great man to consummate a marriage with a 9 year old

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) married me when I was six years old and he consummated the marriage with me when I was nine years old.

We came to Madinah and stayed among Banu’l-Haarith ibn Khazraj, and I fell sick… My mother Umm Roomaan came to me when I was on a swing and some of my friends were with me. She called me loudly and I went to her, and I did not know what she wanted of me. She took me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house, as I was gasping for breath, until I had calmed down. Then she took some water and wiped my face and head with it, then she took me into the house. There were some women of the Ansaar in the house, who said: With good wishes and blessings and good luck. She handed me over to them and they adorned me, and suddenly I saw the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) at mid-morning, and they handed me over to him. At that time I was nine years old. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3894) and Muslim (1422)

It was narrated from her (may Allah be pleased with her) that she said: I used to play with dolls in the presence of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and I had friends who would play with me. When the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) entered they would hide themselves and he would call them to come and play with me. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (7130) and Muslim (2440).

Abu Dawood (4932) narrated from her (may Allah be pleased with her) that she said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came back from the campaign to Tabook or Khaybar and there was a curtain over her niche. The wind lifted the edge of the curtain and uncovered ‘Aa’ishah’s toy dolls. He said: “What is this, O ‘Aa’ishah?” She said: My dolls. He saw among them a horse with two wings made of cloth and he said: “What is this that I see in the midst of them?” She said: A horse. He said: “What is this that I see on it?” I said: Two wings. He said: “A horse with wings?” She said: Have you not heard that Sulaymaan had horses with wings? She said: And the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) smiled so broadly that I saw his eyeteeth. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Adaab az-Zafaaf (p. 203)

Al-Haafiz said: Al-Khattaabi said: A concession was only granted allowing ‘Aa’ishah to play with them (toys) because at that time she had not yet reached the age of puberty. I say: As to whether this was the case, we cannot be certain but it is possible, because at the time of the campaign to Khaybar, ‘Aa’ishah was fourteen years old, so either she had reached the age of fourteen or had passed that age or was close to it. But at the time of the campaign to Tabook, she had definitely passed the age of fourteen, so the reports of those who say that it was Khaybar are more likely to be correct. End quote.

The campaign to Khaybar occurred in 7 AH. Muslim (1422) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) married her when she was seven years old and she was taken to him as a bride when she was nine years old, and she took her dolls with her. He died when she was eighteen years old. An-Nawawi said: What is meant by dolls is these toys that young girls play with; this highlights that she was very young. End quote. In this report she said that she was seven years old, but in most of the reports it says that she was six years old. The way to reconcile between the reports is to note that she was six years and some months, so sometimes she only mentioned the years, and sometimes she counted the year that she had embarked upon (her seventh year). This was suggested by an-Nawawi in Sharh Muslim.

Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) narrated that this is a matter on which the scholars were agreed, and there was no report that any one of them disagreed. He (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The words “he married her when she was six years old and consummated the marriage with her when she was nine years old” are a matter concerning which there is no difference of opinion among the scholars, as it is proven in the Saheehs and elsewhere, and the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) consummated the marriage with her two years after he migrated to Madinah. End quote from al-Bidaayah wa’n-Nihaayah (3/161)

Source- https://islamqa.info/en/122534

All of these Hadiths are Sahih(Most authentic)

It is a open secret that Muhammad, according to Islam who is the perfect example of a human being for all people and all times,married Aisha at 6 and consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old, Mo at the time was in his 50s. You cannot hide or defend this

Original post by Zargabaath
It is...

Original post by Conceited
Original post by Conceited

It's disturbing and depraved
Original post by LadiesMan99

I didn't state that it wasn't wrong. I said we take our Beloved prophet Muhammad(SAW) as a great role model therefore he is sinless.

Hadhrat Aishah(RA) and her dear mother(Rahimahullah) was perfectly conscious as to what was going on. Do you really think a mother would let a man take advantage of their daughter as such?

What I don't get is why individuals decide to focus upon this aspect. Are you even aware on how great Hadhrat Aisha(RA) is?- or what her occupation was?
Funny. Thats not classified as scaremongering. Thats known as warning. But never mind kiddo.

Well I worship my deity Cupcake god and I believe who ever does not worship the Cupcake will burn in hell!

So turn to the Church of Cupcake and plead your allegiance to us.

When you're ready, you will bear witness to the oneness of the cupcake and repeat after me, but only when you are ready and feel prepared to accept the Cupcake as your one true saviour, only the cupcake can save you!:closedeyes:
This thread has gone way off topic. Take discussions about religion to the appropriate sub forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending