The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiszShortee786
No one cares about Muslims. Their blood is too cheap. The thing is though because of all the killing that's been occurring for a really long time in Palestine individuals don't bother because it's a 'normal occurance'.

It only matters when something happens in a Western country done by a Muslim

Original post by RickHendricks
because when it happens in a first world country, not one cares, but people tend to care more when it happens in their own country. If such thing happened in the UK, it'd get more coverage than it does if it happens in india.

Logically, why would regular day citizens care about something that happens thousands of kilometres away from them?

No, people only care if it happens in a Western country done by a Muslim, so the Muslims are the bad guys.

Original post by akbar0123
That's what 'Israel' says, ask a Palestinian living in the area and they've probably seen dozens of bodies there. An air strike has th capability of killing dozens of people, not just '4' especially when Palestine is one of the most densely populated places in the world.

Yeah stats taken from BBC news lool
But it was still made out as the Palestinians fault ofc.
Horrific :frown: I don't understand why it keeps happening. May he RIP.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/08/muslim-hacked-death-set-fire-hindu-religious-attack-india-7142164/amp/?ito=mweb.article.share.top.twitter&__twitter_impression=true
. Good to see the Metro reporting on it, I wonder why we don't get the same coverage from the BBC, Sky, the Daily Mail... perhaps there is some sort of agenda

Hardly. It's for the same reason most news from the Asian subcontinent isn't reported... no-one in the UK cares
Not enough coverage though. If a Hindu was killled by a Muslim the Bjp would be organising riots for multiple days and it would be a news item for a week or more.

because bjp is a hindu party. If a muslim party was in control, what you mentioned will have happened by now.

Also, if people knew the conditions in india, they'd know that things like this happen in a lot of places, probably why it doesn't get much coverage.
Original post by goggleyed
Religion of peace strikes again

Too right it does! Why should it not?
@kaushikp @CuriousGuy777
Was this from the "love jihad" case? When I saw it on the news, that's what it referred to but there's no mention here
Reply 25
http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/08/muslim-hacked-death-set-fire-hindu-religious-attack-india-7142164/amp/?ito=mweb.article.share.top.twitter&__twitter_impression=true

A Hindu man hacked a Muslim to death and then set his body on fire during a religious hate attack. Good to see the Metro reporting on it, I wonder why we don't get the same coverage from the BBC, Sky, the Daily Mail... perhaps there is some sort of agenda

Terrible attack, but there isn't an 'agenda' like this, it's simply because the attack was in India, and is not in the West, so local news stations in the UK wouldn't really feel the need to be involved. There are attacks just like this that Muslims commit to other people that are just as horrific, and they don't get attention for the same reason as I said above, the attack is not committed in the West and does not affect us here. Muslim terror attacks get more coverage because more attacks are against the West than any other established ideology, seeing as ISIS loathes those countries.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by goggleyed
Religion of peace strikes again

Lol mate you're a little confused I think
The stigma towards Muslims is ridiculous. If a Muslim was to kill someone they are automatically tagged as Ts. However if in this circumstance a Muslim was killed it wouldn't get any coverage at all!

Let me get you a tissue
People here don’t care about this incident for the same reason they don’t care about the various wars /famines in Africa or the atrocities in Yemen,because it is far away and not affecting them.

In all fairness,you don’t see Muslims here or in other places making a bigdeal about the two issues I just mentioned and why would they ?

As I already said,people tend to care only when it is in their interests,such as location proximity.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Student_9_9
Let me get you a tissue

No thank you, let me deliver a bit of compassion to you instead.
No thank you, let me deliver a bit of compassion to you instead.

Nah keep it to yourself.
Original post by bobby147
People here don’t care about this incident for the same reason they don’t care about the various wars /famines in Africa or the atrocities in Yemen,because it is far away and not affecting them.

Just because it's far away doesn't instigate that no individual cares. Theres currently numerous amount of donations going in in my locality in regards to the Yemen crisis. So it does portray that news does indeed get coverage. Only when individuals are morally empathetic towards the situation at hand though.
Original post by Student_9_9
Nah keep it to yourself.

I've got a lot. Sharing is caring. 😁
Original post by BintM
More common than we think.
Because it only matters when its a non-Muslim that's been killed by a 'Muslim', otherwise, who cares, right?

I don't see you caring about killings of anyone except Muslims, so why the hypocrisy?
Just because it's far away doesn't instigate that no individual cares. Theres currently numerous amount of donations going in in my locality in regards to the Yemen crisis. So it does portray that news does indeed get coverage. Only when individuals are morally empathetic towards the situation at hand though.

They only do that for the same reason OP made this thread,because the victims are Muslims.I don’t see Muslims making threads about the hacking deaths of Bangladeshi bloggers.
Original post by Poooky
I don't see you caring about killings of anyone except Muslims, so why the hypocrisy?

Who said she doesn't? Who says she doesn't donate to charity and what have you?

I wasn't aware that she had to report to an individual of her daily occurances. Pathetic.
Original post by RickHendricks
because when it happens in a first world country, not one cares, but people tend to care more when it happens in their own country. If such thing happened in the UK, it'd get more coverage than it does if it happens in india.

Logically, why would regular day citizens care about something that happens thousands of kilometres away from them?

I dunno about you but I cared about:
The school shootings in USA
Presidential election.
Texas Church Shooting
The Terrorist that drove over 26 people
The 500 people killed in a terrorist attack in Somalia
The USA-NK conflict/tension
The slave trade in Syria
Egypt Terrorist attack
The Rohingya persecution
and a **** ton more!

And lots of people cared about them. I think that bold statement should be changed to "Logically, why would regular day citizens from U.K care more about something that happens thousands of kilometres away from them then in their home country?"
Even then, this statement isn't actually true, but at least it doesn't paint the majority the majority of Britain in a way that suggests we have a lack of empathy-maybe you do, but where i'm from I don't think so.
Reply 37
Yes but it helps to have coverage down here too does it not?

You Islamists think you're so entitled, it's sad.
Original post by Poooky

Actually no, the death of anyone is sad, regardless of race or religion. And as Muslims we get upset whoever it is affecting. Whenever the attacks in France, London and America has happened, the Muslims have been at the front condemning all the attacks. But no one does the same when the tables are turned. Or if it does happen, its not apparent.
Original post by bobby147
They only do that for the same reason OP made this thread,because the victims are Muslims.I don’t see Muslims making threads about the hacking deaths of Bangladeshi bloggers.

I don't see Christians/Atheist/Jews making a blog about Syria, Iran, Chechnya, Palestine. It's a two way street dude.

Latest

Trending

Trending