The Student Room Group

'Cow-related' hate crimes against Muslims increasing in India

https://thewire.in/203103/cow-vigilantism-violence-2017-muslims-hate-crime/

Since the new government started in 2014, the number of cow-related hate attacks against Muslims by Hindus has gone up dramatically.

Scroll to see replies

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by BintM
Ooo beef between the Muslims and Hindus.
Literally.

I don't understand why you are making jokes about this, it's a serious issue. Aren't you Muslim yourself?
Original post by desaf1
I don't understand why you are making jokes about this, it's a serious issue. Aren't you Muslim yourself?

I am yeah.

Its not that deep, but if it is then I'll remove it :smile:
Reply 4
It's shocking to hear about the treatment that brothers and sisters get in India. There are so many hate attacks against the Muslim community there, especially since the Hindu right wing party got into power. Our brothers and sisters in India need to start standing up for themselves and the Muslim community
Reply 5
Original post by BintM
I am yeah.

Its not that deep, but if it is then I'll remove it :smile:

You don't have to remove it if you don't want to, I don't want to be a pain
Original post by desaf1
You don't have to remove it if you don't want to, I don't want to be a pain

I have its fine. I guess you're right
Original post by desaf1
It's shocking to hear about the treatment that brothers and sisters get in India. There are so many hate attacks against the Muslim community there, especially since the Hindu right wing party got into power. Our brothers and sisters in India need to start standing up for themselves and the Muslim community

When Muslims stand up for themselves, they become Islamists. Even on this site.
Original post by BintM
When Muslims stand up for themselves, they become Islamists. Even on this site.

Yes we're expected to just stay quiet and look the other way while our people are being persecuted. You'd never hear anyone saying that to the Jews or the Hindus
(edited 6 years ago)
Why would anyone get so agitated about a cow it's ridiculous, and they think killing a human is somehow better than killing a cow, such idiots
This is why Pakistan was created, so Muslims of South Asia can finally live in safety without living in fear of Hindu persecution. It's a shame the recent Pakistani governments have failed to keep the country safe and have not upheld its original purpose.

Incredibly sad to hear about this rise in hate attacks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by serions871
Why would anyone get so agitated about a cow it's ridiculous, and they think killing a human is somehow better than killing a cow, such idiots

Agreed :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by FarhanHalim
This is why Pakistan was created, so Muslims of South Asia can finally live in safety without living in fear of Hindu persecution. It's a shame the recent Pakistani governments have failed to keep the country safe and have not upheld its original purpose.

Incredibly sad to had about this

If we had proper leaders Pakistan would be the safest place on Earth for a Muslim to live in.
hm
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
this makes no sense to me.....in hinduism the cow is supposed to be worshipped...the animal is sacred in their religion (unless im wrong, in which case, hindus please correct me)

cows are also sacred to sikhs....

so the idiotic hindus who attacked these cows are also offending people of their own religion...kinda defeats the purpose

They didn't attack Hindus, they attacked people of other religions (mainly Muslims) for eating beef
They didn't attack Hindus, they attacked people of other religions (mainly Muslims) for eating beef

oh i see.
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
this makes no sense to me.....in hinduism the cow is supposed to be worshipped...the animal is sacred in their religion (unless im wrong, in which case, hindus please correct me)

cows are also sacred to sikhs....

so the idiotic hindus who attacked these cows are also offending people of their own religion...kinda defeats the purpose
Pretty sure the OP means that Muslims are being attacked by Hindus and Sikhs because muslims slaughter cows for their meat. Hence, why hate crimes against muslims in India are on the rise due to Hindus worshipping the Cow as a God.
Original post by desaf1
If we had proper leaders Pakistan would be the safest place on Earth for a Muslim to live in.

I doubt that. In Pakistan Moslems are commonly accusing other Moslems (and others) of apostasy, blasphemy, adultery, and all sorts of other supposed sins in order to settle grudges by quasi-judicial punishments handed out by supposed local elders to mobs.

Pakistanis have the leaders they deserve.
Original post by Good bloke
I doubt that. In Pakistan Moslems are commonly accusing other Moslems (and others) of apostasy, blasphemy, adultery, and all sorts of other supposed sins in order to settle grudges by quasi-judicial punishments handed out by supposed local elders to mobs.

Pakistanis have the leaders they deserve.

I think he meant for law abiding Muslims
I think he meant for law abiding Muslims

The ones accused of those supposed crimes are generally law-abiding. They are usually falsely accused by lying nasty people with a grudge, who use the ridiculous laws based on Sharia to settle their scores for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending