The Student Room Group

'Cow-related' hate crimes against Muslims increasing in India

Scroll to see replies

What can you expect from a country that can't differentiate between a toilet and a street.
Reply 21
Original post by Trapz99
https://thewire.in/203103/cow-vigilantism-violence-2017-muslims-hate-crime/

Since the new government started in 2014, the number of cow-related hate attacks against Muslims by Hindus has gone up dramatically.

These pointless, unwarranted acts wouldn't have even occurred if some people just pulled their heads out of some aspects of the nonsensical, outdated age of religion and started thinking for themselves about what they are doing for such a trivial thing... I mean, killing someone over a cow?!? Really?!? :angry:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by serions871
Why would anyone get so agitated about a cow it's ridiculous, and they think killing a human is somehow better than killing a cow, such idiots

People kill people over cartoons, a cow is slightly less ridiculous.
Original post by desaf1
I don't understand why you are making jokes about this, it's a serious issue.

It certainly is. It is just as important as the scourge of killing people over a cartoon.
Reply 24
Original post by Compost

More people kill people over cows than cartoons, it's recorded more, and as all Hindus hold the cow as a sacred animal, so it is more widespread. I've personally never heard of a person kill over cartoons before :confused:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kataali
I've personally never heard of a person kill over cartoons before :confused:

You must live in a cave.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11341599/Prophet-Muhammad-cartoons-controversy-timeline.html
Reply 27

OHHH, I know that story, I though you meant an actual cartoon series like Spongebob or something lol :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kataali
OHHH, I know that story, I though you meant an actual cartoon series like Spongebob or something lol

A cartoon is a drawing. You are referring to animated cartoons.
Reply 29
Original post by Good bloke
A cartoon is a drawing. You are referring to animated cartoons.

I generally refer to animated cartoons as just cartoons and cartoons as comics... :dontknow:
Original post by Trapz99
https://thewire.in/203103/cow-vigilantism-violence-2017-muslims-hate-crime/

Since the new government started in 2014, the number of cow-related hate attacks against Muslims by Hindus has gone up dramatically.

And it's going to keep increasing unfortunately. The issue here is confliction.

Cows are portrayed as holy to the Hindus whereas to the Muslims we are told to slaughter it when it comes to festivals.

I remember back in 2016 where there was a huge colassal between Muslims and Hindus in regards to Hindus banning Muslims from slaughtering any cows on their festival.

Sad.
Reply 31
Original post by Compost

Personally I think both are just as ridiculous and unjustified, and it's awful to try and make one seem less horrible.
Although I would mention that one involved actively instigated a group of people by targeting a core part of their beliefs while the other, as far as I'm aware, primarily involves killing because of what is being consumed/sold.
Original post by kataali
I generally refer to animated cartoons as just cartoons and cartoons as comics... :dontknow:

While the rest of the world uses 'comic' to describe a collection of cartoons.
Why would anyone get so agitated about a cow it's ridiculous, and they think killing a human is somehow better than killing a cow, such idiots

Yet if it was dogs they were fighting for you would be fully behind them. Maybe people get so agitated about a cow because they understand all animals have feeling and can suffer.
Reply 34

Yet if it was dogs they were standing up for I bet you'd be right behind them you hypocritical moron. Maybe people get so agitated about cows because they understand that all animals feel pain and suffering.
Reply 35
Original post by MiszShortee786
And it's going to keep increasing unfortunately. The issue here is confliction.

Cows are portrayed as holy to the Hindus whereas to the Muslims we are told to slaughter it when it comes to festivals.

I remember back in 2016 where there was a huge colassal between Muslims and Hindus in regards to Hindus banning Muslims from slaughtering any cows on their festival.

Sad.

Its sad that you think its your right to torture animals.
Original post by tojsws
Its sad that you think its your right to torture animals.

As I stated it's a religious belief. If this devine order was not commanded then it would not be carried out.
Reply 37
As I stated it's a religious belief. If this devine order was not commanded then it would not be carried out.

Animals suffering > than your disgusting made up belief.
Original post by tojsws
Animals suffering > than your disgusting made up belief.

That's where you're misinformed. It is not a made up belief. Do you think Muslims could think of nothing better but to slaughter cows if it wasn't a command?
Reply 39
That's where you're misinformed. It is not a made up belief. Do you think Muslims could think of nothing better but to slaughter cows if it wasn't a command?

As far as I am concerned all religion is a made up belief. And there is no way I am going to respect your belief when it leads to the suffering of animals. FU CK THAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending