The Student Room Group

'Cow-related' hate crimes against Muslims increasing in India

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tojsws
Yeah killing someone over torturing an animal is justified to me. So **** off you little ugly evil cu nt. :angry:

1. Chill out. and 2. Killing a person over a cow is not justified, as well as hypocritical as the murderer is killing another lifeform, which is the human. What are you, a vegan radical?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tojsws
As far as I am concerned all religion is a made up belief. And there is no way I am going to respect your belief when it leads to the suffering of animals. FU CK THAT

I didn't tell you to respect my religion. I am merely stating that the reason why Muslims slaughter cows.
Reply 42
Original post by kataali
1. Chill out. and 2. Killing a person over a cow is not justified, as well as hypocritical. What are you, a vegan radical?

Says who? You?

If someone tortures an animal they deserve all they get. If someone tortured a dog then ate it people here would be up in arms wanting that person to die. However, in this instance its ok just because its a cow?

What are you? An animal torturer?
Reply 43
Original post by MiszShortee786
I didn't tell you to respect my religion. I am merely stating that the reason why Muslims slaughter cows.

Its disgusting.
Reply 44
Original post by tojsws
Says who? You?

If someone tortures an animal they deserve all they get. If someone tortured a dog then ate it people here would be up in arms wanting that person to die. However, in this instance its ok just because its a cow?

What are you? An animal torturer?

Cows have less sentience than human beings. And you can't just kill someone because they're 'torturing' an animal - that's hypocrisy...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by kataali
Cows have less sentience than human beings.

That right there is a lot of bs.

And you can't just kill someone because they're 'torturing' an animal - that's hypocrisy...

That's like saying it hypocrisy to send people to prison if you're against people being kidnapped.
Reply 46
Original post by tojsws
That right there is a lot of bs.

That's like saying it hypocrisy to send people to prison if you're against people being kidnapped.

Nearly all animals have a less developed brain than a human being as we are evolved from them, and brain complexity links directly to sentience: https://rcg.org/realtruth/articles/090806-002-science.html

And your analogy is badly applied, as kidnapping is not to the same degree as KILLING SOMEONE.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by kataali
Nearly all animals have a less developed brain than a human being as we are evolved from them, and brain complexity links directly to sentience: https://rcg.org/realtruth/articles/090806-002-science.html

In terms of suffering, animals suffer the same as humans.

While I agree that humans brains are more developed than animals that doesn't take away from the fact they are sentient brains and they are smarter than most people give them credit for. There is evidence out there (tsr doesn't let me post links without it having to be approved by mods for some reason ) That shows animals such as pigs, cows etc have deeper emotion than once thought, have the ability to get depressed. If you torture an animal it can feel the same pain as a human, it knows something is badly wrong and it will suffer from the same emotions as a human in the same situation such as panic, fear and obviously the same physical pain.

And your analogy is badly applied, as kidnapping is not to the same degree as KILLING SOMEONE.

Depends who you ask. Some people would prefer to be killed than be kidnapped.
Reply 48
Original post by tojsws
In terms of suffering, animals suffer the same as humans.

While I agree that humans brains are more developed than animals that doesn't take away from the fact they are sentient brains and they are smarter than most people give them credit for. There is evidence out there (tsr doesn't let me post links without it having to be approved by mods for some reason ) That shows animals such as pigs, cows etc have deeper emotion than once thought, have the ability to get depressed. If you torture an animal it can feel the same pain as a human, it knows something is badly wrong and it will suffer from the same emotions as a human in the same situation such as panic, fear and obviously the same physical pain.

Depends who you ask. Some people would prefer to be killed than be kidnapped.

I am aware of this, and I know torturing an animal is immoral, I just don't think that it equates and should be acted upon by killing the human. And note also it says 'cow-related', not all of the incidents are confirmed cases of cow slaughter - some of them could just be them eating cooked beef for all we know.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by kataali
I am aware of this, and I know torturing an animal is immoral, I just don't think that it equates and should be acted upon by killing the human. And note also it says 'cow-related', not all of the incidents are confirmed cases of cow slaughter - some of them could just be them eating cooked beef for all we know.

What do you think is the appropriate action for torturing animals?
Reply 50
Original post by Good bloke
It certainly is. It is just as important as the scourge of killing people over a cartoon.

Which has nothing to do with this thread
i am hindu and I would never ever do that....like wtf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending