University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
York is my Firm! English :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 61
Was rejected from St. Andrews just now, so York is my firm.

I'm gonna ride go-karts everyday! Yay!
Reply 62
Balth

Why are they so quiet, though? I want e-mails, brochures and invitations to open days!

It's funny you should say that actually, when i applied i got offers from Bradford straight away, basically hassled me constantly with letters etc. It took York a long time to give offers. And were very quiet through the whole process also. But you know, i still chose York as my firm, and am now a first year.

Once you go for an open day you will realise it is a lovely uni.
ahoy-matey
York is my Firm! English :smile:

Yay!
hello fellow English person!
hopefully see you in October
Balth
I'm gonna ride go-karts everyday! Yay!

Only most Wednesdays :wink:

http://www.yorkunikarting.co.uk
Reply 65
jenren22
It's funny you should say that actually, when i applied i got offers from Bradford straight away, basically hassled me constantly with letters etc. It took York a long time to give offers. And were very quiet through the whole process also. But you know, i still chose York as my firm, and am now a first year.

Once you go for an open day you will realise it is a lovely uni.

I just hope I get an invitation soon enough. It's been 10 days, and still nothing. I'm an international though, so that's probably got something to do with it. They do say on their website that I can expect to hear from them within two weeks, so there's still time.

slugonamission
Only most Wednesdays :wink:

http://www.yorkunikarting.co.uk

Bah, nonsense! I'm a pirate, I'll find ways around it! You'll see, you'll see...
york is probably my firm but i am considering deferring and taking a gap year.
english & politics by the way.
Reply 67
Balth
I just hope I get an invitation soon enough. It's been 10 days, and still nothing. I'm an international though, so that's probably got something to do with it. They do say on their website that I can expect to hear from them within two weeks, so there's still time.

Bah, nonsense! I'm a pirate, I'll find ways around it! You'll see, you'll see...

Go Karting!

The Econ+Finance students will take it over lol.
Reply 68
_Mazza_
Go Karting!

The Econ+Finance students will take it over lol.

Indeed they are!

There are so many awesome clubs and societies. I already know of atleast five or six I have to join. The only kind of society I miss is a pirate society, like the one they have in St Andrews. I think I'll have start one when I get there.
Reply 69
Balth
Indeed they are!

There are so many awesome clubs and societies. I already know of atleast five or six I have to join. The only kind of society I miss is a pirate society, like the one they have in St Andrews. I think I'll have start one when I get there.

oh my god PLEASE DO.
dressing up as a pirate = one of my favourite pasttimes :biggrin:
Reply 70
katwin
oh my god PLEASE DO.
dressing up as a pirate = one of my favourite pasttimes :biggrin:

It's not for people who like "dressing up as a pirate"

it's for real pirates, Arrrr!
Reply 71
_Mazza_
It's not for people who like "dressing up as a pirate"

it's for real pirates, Arrrr!

well, I'll just have to be convincing enough that you don't know I'm an imposter. :cool:
Reply 72
katwin
well, I'll just have to be convincing enough that you don't know I'm an imposter. :cool:

Trust me, I'll know :wink:
I'm also a gapper ( a very bored one) with a unconditional for English. I'm 98% sure I'll put York down but I'm going to refrain from saying for sure till I go visit, you never know what you might find when you get there!
QueenRachel
I'm also a gapper ( a very bored one) with a unconditional for English. I'm 98% sure I'll put York down but I'm going to refrain from saying for sure till I go visit, you never know what you might find when you get there!

When are you going to visit?
I had an unconditional for English too. Wasn't blown away by the campus but the course, staff, current students and wonders of the city itself sold it to me!

So i'll be there in October, maybe see you there!
miss_sparkles88
When are you going to visit?
I had an unconditional for English too. Wasn't blown away by the campus but the course, staff, current students and wonders of the city itself sold it to me!

So i'll be there in October, maybe see you there!

Yeah I've heard a few people say that the campus isnt that nice, I'm torn between York and Leeds at the moment. I think I'm going to visit at the end of the month sometime. What are you doing on your gap year?
Reply 76
This is my first offer so I'm over the moon! :biggrin:

English/Philosophy (Equal) (QV35)

Offer: Unconditional

I don't know whether or not York will be my firm. If I don't get any more offers then it will have to be! I'll let you know after I have visited :smile:.
hey everyone
so i don't know how many of you are on facebook but one of the York fresher 08 groups have set up a forum specially for us 08 people!
may be a little surplus to requirement considering we have TSR but if you fancychecking it out

www.newtoyork.tk
might be worth a look if your a firm York person and wanna see who else will hopefully be there who *shock horror* don't haunt TSR
Reply 78
Expect some fuss from YUSU about doing that - they were really against it last year, instead preferring people to use the official forums.
Reply 79
I just firmed my unconditional, so now it's definite.

See you there in October! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending