The Student Room Group

Fiesta MK7 "Active Drive Assist"

What is this actually supposed to do? My assumption is it does nothing because I'm sure I didn't pay for parking sensors or anything, but then again most optional extras that come on Ford Cars won't give you any option to use them (even in a non-operational state) if you don't have them (an example being Navigation on Sync 3 or Blind Spot detection).

Is it just something they couldn't take off the settings and should just be ignored?

I flicked through the manual furiously to find anything about it but couldn't really find anything in there relatable to it and searching for this setting only brings up Park Assist. If you're still confused what I'm on about - it's an option behind the dashboard on the steering wheel. When I switch it on I just see two lines like a road, and then like a bumper type shape. Can take a picture after work if this makes understanding easier.

PS: Not even sure if this is considered a MK7, it's one of the newer ones, I ain't familiar with this terminology.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nevershear
What is this actually supposed to do? My assumption is it does nothing because I'm sure I didn't pay for parking sensors or anything, but then again most optional extras that come on Ford Cars won't give you any option to use them (even in a non-operational state) if you don't have them (an example being Navigation on Sync 3 or Blind Spot detection).

Is it just something they couldn't take off the settings and should just be ignored?

I flicked through the manual furiously to find anything about it but couldn't really find anything in there relatable to it and searching for this setting only brings up Park Assist. If you're still confused what I'm on about - it's an option behind the dashboard on the steering wheel. When I switch it on I just see two lines like a road, and then like a bumper type shape. Can take a picture after work if this makes understanding easier.

PS: Not even sure if this is considered a MK7, it's one of the newer ones, I ain't familiar with this terminology.

If it's anything like my Golf, it has a radar in the front to avoid collisions.
Reply 2
I've posted on FOC forum, according to somewhere there it may be an assist that works in line with the lane-keeping system (I turned it on today whilst driving; it did nothing on it's own) - so going to try it tomorrow with the lane assist on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending