The Student Room Group
Reply 1
depends totally, it can take anywhere within a week to a month for your first offer/rejection

my first offer came 3 days after UCAS got sent off and the next two came like a month later! so depends :smile:

good luck anyway
Reply 2
It varies from university to university and department to department - that's about as much as I can say. By 'just', do you mean before or after the January deadline? If you've applied by the deadline, then undoubtedly the universities have a lot of applications to go through at the moment, and therefore you could get decisions any time up until March/April. If you applied later, however, you'll get offers on the basis that there are places still available for your course at the universities you've applied to. The fact that you've already got your results won't mean you'll get offers at a certan time or anything... it just means you'll get unconditional offers.
Reply 3
Unis must take into consideration all applicants, giving equal consideration to each.
You could get a reply immediately, or it could take until the end of March.
Reply 4
6 days later than the UCAS deadline? universities won't be too happy! or did you post it before the 15th?
Reply 5
where and what did you apply for?
Reply 6
Witness23
Unis must take into consideration all applicants, giving equal consideration to each.

Not in the case of the OP; if he has "just" applied then everyone who applied on time gets considered first.
Reply 7
pcj
OP
I did apply before the 15th, to do development studies at Leeds, UEA, Sussex, Kings and Northampton
Reply 8
pcj
I did apply before the 15th, to do development studies at Leeds, UEA, Sussex, Kings and Northampton

Then you should start hearing back anytime between a week and a month usually, good luck!
Reply 9
I applied on 3rd December, and I've had one response since then.
I have my A-level grades already, and I've still only heard from one place.
They're well within my rights to keep me waiting another 2 months, though.
Reply 10
dec 12th one response, I just asked the lady who is dealing with my application for queen's for an approximate timeframe for a decision lol
Reply 11
i still havent got any replies from any unis my application was processed by UCAS on da 14th of jan which is before the deadline and majority of my friends' applications were processed on this day to and they have got offers before me eventhough we have applied to similar universities but for different courses should i be worried..?

Latest

Trending

Trending