The Student Room Group

Is my voice annoying?

Hello guys, I was wondering if any of you think I have an annoying voice? I want to be an actor in the future and I am on the way there as I am doing my highers atm. But I think some people make fun of my voice behind my back. I may have a slight lisp but I believe it the voice in general people make fun of as it is even without me saying the letter 's'!
It has just got to the point where I am starting to get insecure whenever I speak and if it is the lisp I would like to fix it. Of course I need to, to become a successful actor. Please be honest, but don't try to hurt my feelings as I feel like I get that enough already.

I have a YT channel so just watch any of my recent videos and tell me if my voice is annoying.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnWBX2rbkncGWAYBh8WiRHg
Original post by CraZy_Lewis26
Hello guys, I was wondering if any of you think I have an annoying voice? I want to be an actor in the future and I am on the way there as I am doing my highers atm. But I think some people make fun of my voice behind my back. I may have a slight lisp but I believe it the voice in general people make fun of as it is even without me saying the letter 's'!
It has just got to the point where I am starting to get insecure whenever I speak and if it is the lisp I would like to fix it. Of course I need to, to become a successful actor. Please be honest, but don't try to hurt my feelings as I feel like I get that enough already.

I have a YT channel so just watch any of my recent videos and tell me if my voice is annoying.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnWBX2rbkncGWAYBh8WiRHg

You sound fine/normal but for let's play type videos you might want to step up the intensity as the video I watched isn't very engaging. I think when you act on youtube you have to be as extra as possible.
Lmao you don’t but honestly the accent itself is funny. Just be grateful you don’t have a particular youtbers who I won’t say 😷
I listened to a few of your videos. Your voice is not annoying!! TBH, I did find it hard to understand at times. Mostly as you were finishing a sentence, you would speak faster and articulation wasn't as good. So maybe just need to slow down? (Or, it could just be your accent as I am Australian).If you want to be an actor I would see a speech pathologist. Not because there is anything wrong with how you speak, it's a lovely warm unique voice - but acting requires your voice to be clearly articulated. I only detected a slight lisp and have never thought of a lisp as annoying. Wouldn't worry about that.

Latest