The Student Room Group

Am I about to get fired?

Hello, I'm working at a very fancy hotel this summer in between years of university, as a room cleaner. I've worked as a room cleaner before but nowhere as fancy as this. I've been here for 3 weeks now and should be finishing up with my training but I'm still really slow and I think people at work are starting to get annoyed by it.

I'm not slacking off, I put in a lot of effort at work, I have anxiety issues and have been having some anxiety attacks about it which means I do care about the work, I just have no idea how everyone else gets through their rooms so quickly??

But anyways - my boss asked me to stick around after briefing tomorrow in a serious tone of voice, I think she might fire me?? What do I do if I get fired? This is only a summer job, will this effect my employment prospects after I get out of university? If I get the chance, should I quit before they can fire me?
Reply 1
You're not going to get sacked if the only issue is speed. Are you sure this is only issue?

You'll probably get told to increase your pace. If she's a good manager, she'll speak to you about support or what training you need. But you'll be fine don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending