The Student Room Group

my voice is too quiet/deep for people to hear?

Strange one, just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar experience.

A lot of the time when I talk, people can't hear what I'm saying. Especially if there is any background noise. What I find strange about it, is that if I try and talk louder to compensate, it makes next to no difference. If I am talking to someone when there is any degree of background noise they nearly always ask me to repeat myself and often more than once. A lot of the time people don't even notice I am talking and so I just get blanked - and this is despite me actively trying to project my voice louder.

Now, my voice is very deep and I've heard this can sometimes happen to deep voices. I don't remember having this issue as a kid. I've noticed that when I try and speak loudly, my voice kind of gets deeper as oppose to louder. Not really sure if this makes sense to anyone - just wondering if anyone has any advice or has just experienced a similar thing.
Reply 1
Original post by larry1234
Strange one, just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar experience.

A lot of the time when I talk, people can't hear what I'm saying. Especially if there is any background noise. What I find strange about it, is that if I try and talk louder to compensate, it makes next to no difference. If I am talking to someone when there is any degree of background noise they nearly always ask me to repeat myself and often more than once. A lot of the time people don't even notice I am talking and so I just get blanked - and this is despite me actively trying to project my voice louder.

Now, my voice is very deep and I've heard this can sometimes happen to deep voices. I don't remember having this issue as a kid. I've noticed that when I try and speak loudly, my voice kind of gets deeper as oppose to louder. Not really sure if this makes sense to anyone - just wondering if anyone has any advice or has just experienced a similar thing.

I have a similar thing, my voice is very high pitched though and no one can hear me in crowds ever. I sound like a child sometimes rip

Quick Reply

Latest