The Student Room Group

Car insurance problem

Hello guys Im devastated today as I was about to pay for my insurance and thats where it all began .
I was about to pay but got an error and was told to call, i called and the representative said some information must have been incorrect. After about 2minutes he says that i didn't state about my theft in march 2017. I said i didn't claim or anything as the car was recovered in less than 24 hours and i payed for everything out of my own pocket.
The representive said it still counts as a motor accident or claim and with this new information he quoted me £900 more which is crazy. Now on comparison websites , if i check that box and enter theft and 0 money was claimed i do get quoted minimum of £900 more than before. Is there anything i can do? Any help is appreciated.
Original post by MatSmith
Hello guys Im devastated today as I was about to pay for my insurance and thats where it all began .
I was about to pay but got an error and was told to call, i called and the representative said some information must have been incorrect. After about 2minutes he says that i didn't state about my theft in march 2017. I said i didn't claim or anything as the car was recovered in less than 24 hours and i payed for everything out of my own pocket.
The representive said it still counts as a motor accident or claim and with this new information he quoted me £900 more which is crazy. Now on comparison websites , if i check that box and enter theft and 0 money was claimed i do get quoted minimum of £900 more than before. Is there anything i can do? Any help is appreciated.

You've got to declare anything with insurers, even if you don't claim unfortunately! :frown: The representative was completely correct.
Reply 2

Theft is theft, even if you didn't make a claim - it's still an increase in risk. You'll have to suck it up, I'm afraid!
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom
Theft is theft, even if you didn't make a claim - it's still an increase in risk. You'll have to suck it up, I'm afraid!

thanks for your response but how have i got more of a chance that the car will be stolen then my neighbour? its not theres a pricetag on my name. I just find that i shouldnt be paying extra money for something that i had no responsibility in . I wasnt even driving in my area.
Reply 4
thanks for your response but how have i got more of a chance that the car will be stolen then my neighbour? its not theres a pricetag on my name. I just find that i shouldnt be paying extra money for something that i had no responsibility in . I wasnt even driving in my area.

It's unfortunate, but that's statistics for you.
At least they've done you a favour. If you'd started cover and then they found out - you'd be looking at a cancellation.
Original post by nevershear
At least they've done you a favour. If you'd started cover and then they found out - you'd be looking at a cancellation.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending