The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Fluffy
When the new site goes live, you should start from scratch with moderators. Current mods could express an interest in staying on, but I think the forum needs some fresh air!

yep I agree, most of the mods will be going to uni, and won't be around as much. though i think it's rather silly to expect a moderator to have to be there 24/7. it's only an internet forum and surely they have better/ and far more important things to do then be available all day/night on their computers.
pinkfairy
yep I agree, most of the mods will be going to uni, and won't be around as much. though i think it's rather silly to expect a moderator to have to be there 24/7. it's only an internet forum and surely they have better/ and far more important things to do then be available all day/night on their computers.

But many regular users are going to uni, so by your logic younger members should be mods, or those who have finished uni or are on a gap year.
Reply 22
wiwarin_mir
But many regular users are going to uni, so by your logic younger members should be mods, or those who have finished uni or are on a gap year.

I don't see the fault in that logic.
Mr Moncal
I don't see the fault in that logic.

I am just saying that there are a select few members who would be deemed responisible and fit the criteria.
Reply 24
wiwarin_mir

i didn't rule out university students either, i have nothing aginst the current mods, but a few more - who weren't unversity students - i.e A level students/gap year or older members wouldn't be such a bad idea. the main thing is that people understand that moderators do lead normal lives, they need to sleep, study, react to matters that concern them, have fun etc rather than be obligated to stay chained to their computer chairs forever. as long as there are enough moderators who are online quite regularly (not necessarily online all day/night - because that's ridiculous) - claims that mods are never online will be defused :smile:
Reply 25
you are all power hungry cos u are sad individuals in real life andthe bans that are set can get easily get evaded
pinkfairy
i didn't rule out university students either, i have nothing aginst the current mods, but a few more - who weren't unversity students - i.e A level students/gap year or older members wouldn't be such a bad idea. the main thing is that people understand that moderators do lead normal lives, they need to sleep, study, react to matters that concern them, have fun etc rather than be obligated to stay chained to their computer chairs forever. as long as there are enough moderators who are online quite regularly (not necessarily online all day/night - because that's ridiculous) - claims that mods are never online will be defused :smile:

Surely A level students will have as much work as uni students to do, so putting them forward for modship would present the same problems.
PopTart
you are all power hungry cos u are sad individuals in real life andthe bans that are set can get easily get evaded

Any reason why we are power hungry individuals or sad in real life?
PopTart
OMG THE FORUM is fine as it is stop going on D M D M DM M M D DMDMDMDMMDM

ITS FINE EVERY1 JUST STFU AND ENJOY IT WHILE IT IS AND STEP OUTSIDE INTO THE REAL WORLD

f*****g geeks

I am not saying anything is wrong with the forum (except certain bugs that have arisen, one of which means I cannot resubscribe)
Reply 29
wiwarin_mir
Surely A level students will have as much work as uni students to do, so putting them forward for modship would present the same problems.

not really, i had a lot of spare time when doing a levels, i used uk-l to procrastinate. i'm sure d will will find great moderators when the time comes. also don't reply to trolls, you encourage them to reply (spam). :smile:
Mr Moncal
And americans have to pay more too.

Why's that? Seems unfair to me.
piginapoke
Exchange rates. £5 is currently $8.99 and $10 is £5.55.

Is there anything to stop an american member from paying £5 on an american credit/debit card? Exchange rates on credit cards are generally far cheaper/better value than people assume...although not necessarily on small amounts like this...
pinkfairy
not really, i had a lot of spare time when doing a levels, i used uk-l to procrastinate. i'm sure d will will find great moderators when the time comes. also don't reply to trolls, you encourage them to reply (spam). :smile:

I shall deem who are trolls, uruks and normal mebers thank you very much.
Reply 33
Is d/m both on holidays?
Reply 34
TheWolf
Is d/m both on holidays?

I got a pm from m yesterday.
Reply 35
wiwarin_mir

*still has a chance* :biggrin:
Reply 36
OK here's a serious one. Why not automatically delete those members who aren't active for six months? It might help the server if there were fewer names on the database... and also give a truer reflection of forum numbers and who is actually active.
Reply 37
ZJuwelH
OK here's a serious one. Why not automatically delete those members who aren't active for six months? It might help the server if there were fewer names on the database... and also give a truer reflection of forum numbers and who is actually active.

1. That won't help at all.
2. 23,000 names looks a whole lot better than 4,000 or so.
3. Sometimes they show up and start posting.
Reply 38
Mr Moncal
1. That won't help at all.
2. 23,000 names looks a whole lot better than 4,000 or so.
3. Sometimes they show up and start posting.

And who made you forum king? Get a life.
Reply 39
ZJuwelH
And who made you forum king? Get a life.

fuck off u cunt

Latest

Trending

Trending