The Student Room Group

What to do about G24

Hi all,

G24 car park wicks Kingston-upon-Thames.

I got a contractions charge notice through from G24 yesterday. Yes I know I should ignore it after reading things online, but before I did that I appealed it. I basically said that my friend said I can park there, and sign post wasn’t clear and if I New I wouldn’t have got 5 more tickets that I know are coming.

They replied and obviously declined my appeal, so I was just going to ignore it. But then after reading online, I shouldn’t have admitted that I was the driver of the car.

Therefore, I replied again and sound a lot more sophisticated and said that I am the registered keeper of the car and that it was the driver of the vechile who contacted you in my name. I didn’t give any names or anything but it did sound genuine.

What do I do know? I’m so worried but I know I have five more coming which works out as £300, I don’t have that kind of money!
Reply 1
Original post by Bex0908
Hi all,

G24 car park wicks Kingston-upon-Thames.

I got a contractions charge notice through from G24 yesterday. Yes I know I should ignore it after reading things online, but before I did that I appealed it. I basically said that my friend said I can park there, and sign post wasn’t clear and if I New I wouldn’t have got 5 more tickets that I know are coming.

They replied and obviously declined my appeal, so I was just going to ignore it. But then after reading online, I shouldn’t have admitted that I was the driver of the car.

Therefore, I replied again and sound a lot more sophisticated and said that I am the registered keeper of the car and that it was the driver of the vechile who contacted you in my name. I didn’t give any names or anything but it did sound genuine.

What do I do know? I’m so worried but I know I have five more coming which works out as £300, I don’t have that kind of money!

Why didn't you just pay the price of parking, like a normal person? :facepalm:

Tagging @AngryJellyfish to move this to Cars and Motoring.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom

Because I have 5 and every online saying to just ignore it because it isn’t actually a fine
Reply 3
Original post by Bex0908
Because I have 5 and every online saying to just ignore it because it isn’t actually a fine

No, I'm saying, why didn't you pay for parking in the first place, which would have avoided getting the penalty charge...
Reply 4
Because is wasn’t a pay and display car park. It was a wicks car park. It was free parking for a hour and half but my friends and I have parked there for months and I’m the fit to get a fine. Now we know that the parking is enforced 🙄
Reply 5
Original post by Bex0908
Because is wasn’t a pay and display car park. It was a wicks car park. It was free parking for a hour and half but my friends and I have parked there for months and I’m the fit to get a fine. Now we know that the parking is enforced 🙄

Oh, Wickes, the DIY place!

Well you made a damn silly mistake - couldn't you have found somewhere legitimate to park instead of taking up room designated for paying customers?

From what I understand, you can probably just ignore the charges, but do bear in mind they could potentially take you to court, and companies have in the past.

STOP PARKING THERE!
Reply 6
I will stop parking there now 😂 the car park is huge it has about 200 baud souls for wicks customers, and the shop isn’t even that big! And it’s in Kingston, and Kingston to park is £2.20 a hour or £12 for tge day, and I’m in Kingston 6 days ago, I’m just gonna stop driving now :frown:

Most people are saying to ignore it, and others had said they might take you to court, but they haven’t done that for 3 years. I’m hoping for the best, but we’ll see
Reply 7
Original post by Bex0908
I will stop parking there now 😂 the car park is huge it has about 200 baud souls for wicks customers, and the shop isn’t even that big! And it’s in Kingston, and Kingston to park is £2.20 a hour or £12 for tge day, and I’m in Kingston 6 days ago, I’m just gonna stop driving now :frown:

Most people are saying to ignore it, and others had said they might take you to court, but they haven’t done that for 3 years. I’m hoping for the best, but we’ll see

Legally speaking, they can sue you for breach of contract, and enforce the charges. Whether they will or not is another story.
Reply 8
Breach of what contract? I never signed a contract
Reply 9
Original post by Bex0908
Breach of what contract? I never signed a contract

There's an implied contract when you park in the car park - there'll be signs dotted around.
Reply 10
Meh. I’ll just see what happens. If I could afford to pay then I just would, but I can’t so I just have to wait and see
Original post by IWMTom

Done :smile:
Fly like a G6?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending