The Student Room Group

How do you write a personal statement for sixth form/college?

I need to be applying for colleges but all of them seem to want a personal statement from me about like career goals and why I want to study this subject. All the advice I've seen on personal statements has been for university and has been for people who know what courses or careers they want to do. What do I write if I don't know what I want to do I just know what courses I want to do at A-Level
Reply 1
Original post by via16
I need to be applying for colleges but all of them seem to want a personal statement from me about like career goals and why I want to study this subject. All the advice I've seen on personal statements has been for university and has been for people who know what courses or careers they want to do. What do I write if I don't know what I want to do I just know what courses I want to do at A-Level

Write about why you want to study those courses at a level - add in extra things you have done to learn more about those subjects (e.g. read a book about biology which you didn’t need to do for school). Write about what you learnt from this and why it makes you want to study it further. Depending on the college, some extracurricular activities (sport and music etc) may also be useful to include. Don’t worry about career aspirations if you have no idea - I didn’t have an idea at your age either.

Hope this is helpful !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending