The Student Room Group

Coursework with few people

I need some ideas for my psychology coursework however I have a major issue with it, as I self teach I am limited to times I can gather a lot of people together so any ideas of a coursework which has potential for high marks but uses as few people as possible, or if a lot of people are used then on few occasions, not something that will require lots of retesting/whatever.
Maybe something which could be done over the internet?
Reply 1
not that i am sugguesting u do this, but i know people experimented on say like 3 or 4 people and made the rest up...its not the actual experiment you do its the way you persent it, how you put forward the whole thing, so yeah some people did make stuff up.
just wondering dont you have to suggest background reserch as to what influenced your study...maybe not...i did OCR.
sorry about no suggesting any topics...but might do later.
Yeah, I know of some people (*shifty eyes* :flute: ) who did the experiment on about 2 people, then made the rest up on accordance with the 2 actual results. Just some people I know.....

not myself.....

.....honest :p:

As for topics- a lot of people do memory (chunking letters, absract vs concrete words. Miller found the STM capacity to be like 7 pieces of info or something). I was going to do memory but instead did The Forer Effect which is really interesting IMO (anyone a fan of Derren Brown might like this). I gave links on the other coursework thread
Reply 4
perception generally only needs ~4 people, sometimes can do it with just 1 (repeated measures design)

something where you get an actual number as the response to each stimulus, for example ask paticipants to judge when a morph face is male female (and the measurement you record is the point on the adaptation sequence where their opinion chnges), is better as it gives you more data to play around with

what topics do u have to pick from?
Reply 5
I can choose anything:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending