The Student Room Group

English Literature Coursework

Hi guys. I'm resitting my English Literature A-Level, but opting to carry forward my coursework. I achieved 52/60 which is just about equivalent to an A with the 2023 grade boundaries. Is there a possibility of this grade changing with whatever the 2024 grade boundaries are- or will it stay the same? I am Edexcel btw
Hey, I'm currently doing AQA but I think I can help, grade boundaries change every year depending on what marks people get, 52 is great and honestly, you could comfortably get an A again, however, if you're nervous then I suggest trying to make a few amendments to bump it up a mark or two. Good luck!
Original post by laila101010101
Hi guys. I'm resitting my English Literature A-Level, but opting to carry forward my coursework. I achieved 52/60 which is just about equivalent to an A with the 2023 grade boundaries. Is there a possibility of this grade changing with whatever the 2024 grade boundaries are- or will it stay the same? I am Edexcel btw

I'd recommend opting to carry it forward. Whether you get a grade A or B on the coursework (by the standards of this year's grade boundaries) is fundamentally irrelevant; it's your cumulative mark that ultimately matters. You've already achieved a great score and are 52 marks closer to achieving the grade you want -- take the win and focus on the main components!
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by cephalothin
I'd recommend opting to carry it forward. Whether you get a grade A or B on the coursework (by the standards of this year's grade boundaries) is fundamentally irrelevant; it's your cumulative mark that ultimately matters. You've already achieved a great score and are 52 marks closer to achieving the grade you want -- take the win and focus on the main components!

awww just saw this now but tysm! i did choose to carry it forward so just been grinding towards the real a level exams so i can hopefully maximise my marks🙏 have u sat english lit already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending